This position provides oversight to staff and key third party vendor relationships for Deposit Operations which includes: new business processing, servicing for consumer and commercial depository products, exception and returns item processing, debit card product and its processing networks, and services within the Operations Division of Thrivent Federal Credit Union. The Deposit Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the credit union’s processes, policies, strategies, and day to day operational requirements are met/followed to achieve satisfactory rating or better from the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) and other auditors as it relates to Deposit Operations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Build and maintain a high-performing team; select, develop, coach, reward and recognize teammembers.
• Contribute to new product development and supporting policy, procedures, and workflow for depository products.
• Responsible for the development and/or execution of objectives, plans, and polices for Deposit Operations.
• Continuously monitor process and work closely with the business process analysts to assure maximum efficiency and performance
• Accountable for hiring, supervision, coaching and development of competent, goal oriented staff, emphasizing team work, education, career development, self-sufficiency, culture of excellence and goal attainment.
• Maintain staffing models along with visual management, quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness for the team.
• Assist with the selection and management of outside vendors and third party providers related to all aspects of deposit operations, including contract negotiations with inhouse procurement team, day to day management of the vendor relationship and client care issues.
• Bachelor’s Degree in banking, finance or business, or equivalent in work experience
• Minimum of five years of credit union or finance industry experience
• Strong computer, documentation, and system skills
• Core processing conversion experience and up to date on new technologies (mobile, RDC, p2p,etc.)
• Depository, processing and product regulatory knowledge experience preferred
• Automated ClearingHouse (ACH), Regulation E knowledge, and AAP certification preferred
• Knowledge of federal Reserve Bank processes including check clearing, wire processing, and cash management preferred
• Understanding of deposit payment processing systems
©2005 Wisconsin Credit Union League. All rights reserved.