POSITION TITLE: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
REPORTS TO: PRESIDENT
PURPOSE: Manages the information technology department. Implements and maintains policies and goals that support the organization's IT needs. Ensures proper functioning of the information processing system and oversees necessary upgrades. Helps business operations groups utilize information systems to improve their efficiency. Ensures computer equipment, hardware, and software are updated to meet organizational needs. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC RESPONSIBLITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform management duties within the organization including, but not limited to the following:
o Managing Resource Workload and maintain a positive/open relationship with direct reports.
o Working with team and management to set the technical direction of projects and direct reports.
o Supervise work performance of direct reports
o Manage budgets when necessary, including providing cost estimations for hardware and licensing of software applicable to run the hardware and virtual servers
o Provide technical expertise to future business development efforts when necessary
• In cooperation with IT staff, management, operations staff and key stakeholders, provides disaster recovery/business continuity planning for all projects.
• Maintain and support core financial solution system.
• Monitors security compliance in accordance with standards, policies and procedures.
• Responsible for development and maintenance of systems documentation.
• Serves as the technical and communications liaison between operations staff and Project/Program managers.
• Responsible for installation and life-cycle maintenance of system hardware and software (includes servers, operating systems, workstations, software and Disaster Recovery components)
• Provides escalated technical support (server, SAN or network failure), including data backup recovery. Performs complex software/hardware troubleshooting, patches and re-installations.
• Maintain, modify and update Mitel 3300 MXe Phone system.
• Serves as the operations point of contact and accountable for the hardware and disaster recovery portions of new enterprise projects.
• Assists in the identification, development and communication of new technology standards and best practices as appropriate.
• Responsible for monitoring system performance and data backups they are completed on a regular basis.
• Manage and maintain effective communication with various third party vendors.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBLITIES: IT Department Staff
PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Foster an environment that allows others to performs duties, responsibilities and accountabilities in accordance with internal BECU policies/procedures and any regulations relating to function to obtain World Class Member Service.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Preference of a bachelor's degree or a 2 yr. technical degree and at least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to members, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of current IT technologies and methodologies.
• Knowledgeable in Disaster Recovery Plan development and implementation.
• Demonstrated experience with Virtual Server Environments (VMWare) and associated management software.
• Knowledge and experience with HP, IBM and Supermicro Servers.
• Knowledge and skills required to secure Cisco networks. Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security or CCNP Security) preferred or equivalent work experience with references.
• Familiarity with support and troubleshooting of Storage Area Networks (SAN).
• Demonstrated experience with Windows Exchange and Unix Server environments.
• Demonstrated experience with high availability technologies such as load balancers, clustering, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a group of technical contributors.
• Analyze situations, evaluate alternatives, and implement solutions within standards (where applicable).
• Interpret guidelines and analyze factual information to adapt or modify processes in response to changing circumstances.
• May act as a resource to others to solve problems.
• Exercise independent judgment. Work affords significant opportunity to act independently on assigned tasks.
• Duties are performed under minimal supervision.
• Work and communicate with a wide range of people – peers, vendors, staff members including program leadership, and others.
• Formulate and clearly communicate ideas to others.
• Experience in the financial industry a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
MENTAL DEMANDS: The mental characteristics necessary to competently perform this job include the need to occasionally be creative, use complex and basic numeric calculations, and memory; to frequently use reading and writing ability, good judgment, and reasoning ability; to continuously be alert, precise, resourceful, and use problem solving abilities.
©2005 Wisconsin Credit Union League. All rights reserved.