This position is responsible for analyzing and reconciling detailed
general ledger accounts. This employee will keep records and accounts accurate
and current. You will be researching and resolving discrepancies and accounting
errors. As an accountant with SACU, you will also be completing related reports,
summaries, and records including monthly expense reports, loan reports, and
other data. This employee keeps vendor contracts up to date and manages accounts
including billing. You will provide efficient, progressive, financial services
and products to our member owners in agreement with the Credit Union philosophy.
You will be held accountable for consistently exemplifying the core values of
SACU: Integrity, Leadership, Dedication, and Members First.
The following duties and responsibilities are not to be
construed as exclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned and
- Assumes responsibility for the accurate and timely completion of
assigned accounting functions.
- Reviews source documents and records daily
- Balances and posts daily write-ups and journals.
- Posts a number of
transactions to the appropriate general ledger account. Reconciles general
ledger accounts as assigned.
- Performs miscellaneous filing/sorting of checks,
journals, daily write-ups, etc.
- Completes required records and reports and
- Creates expense reports.
- Completes accounting functions in
accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for
effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounting problems and
- Assist accounting manager with other tasks as assigned.
responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and
coordination with area personnel and with management.
- Maintains regular contact
with all departments to obtain information and/or to correct transactions.
management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
the status of all account reconciliations to the Accounting Manager. Attends and
participates in meetings as required.
- Assumes responsibility for the accurate,
efficient, and effective performance of routine billing functions.
- Review vendor
contracts and keep accurate records.
- Processes billing information and pay bills
- Performs reconciliation function.
- Operations Knowledge of controls,
integrity and risk factors of credit union business and regulatory requirements.
Following all policies, procedures and regulations (both state and federal).
- Able to handle confrontation and conflict situations, training/coaching to the
philosophy that ‘with adversity comes opportunity,’ serving and embracing
professional relationships both internally and externally.
- Complete all learning
- Accounting Degree required.
- Excellent communication
- Working knowledge of business math and calculations including Microsoft
Sheboygan Area Credit Union is an Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer, and it is the Company’s policy to make all employment decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin,
veteran status, disability (as long as the individual is able to perform the
essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), and
any other characteristic protected by Law.
How to Apply
Email: Sheboygan Area Credit Union