This year we are introducing a new theme series: The Movement.
Credit unions are more than simply an industry, we are part of something greater, a movement, The Credit Union Movement. Our common mission and purpose is to:
"Encourage thrift among [our] members, create a source of fair credit at a fair and reasonable cost and provide an opportunity for [our] members to improve their economic and social conditions" - Wis. Stats. § 186.01(2)
Move with Purpose
This is why in 2017, we're going to explore how, as a movement, we can and do Move with Purpose. As part of our common purpose, we observe the seven cooperative principles:
- Voluntary & Open Membership
- Democratic Member Control
- Member's Economic Participation
- Autonomy & Independence
- Education, Training & Information
- Cooperation Among Cooperatives
- Concern for Community
Credit unions are at their best when they use this common purpose as a primary guide for decision-making. This fosters a passion, dedication and commitment to serving their members and the community, further strengthening other credit unions and the movement as a whole.
Strengthen your skills and find out how when you move with purpose you, your credit union, your members and the credit union movement as a whole benefits. Specifically, you’ll learn:
- How to be a leader in your community
- How to be a resource for lawmakers
- How to share your credit union’s story in new ways
- How to build relationships with legislators
- How to capitalize on emerging industry trends
- How to create, promote & strengthen REAL Solutions at your credit union
- How to proactively support the credit union movement
- How to maximize the skills of staff and volunteers, from board members to young professionals and everyone in between
- Join your League, peers and industry experts from around the globe as we gather as one movement with a common purpose!