As consumers (and your members) have increasing touchpoints with your credit union, your ability to understand their needs and habits increases. But how? And what does it all mean? Learn about the data scientists’ role. Discover how to use Google Analytics to gain powerful member insights. Use the data to make strategic decisions and evaluate their effectiveness.
Welcome & Introductions
What is Data Science?
Google Analytics Noon
Lunch On Your Own
Community Service Project (The King's Closet) see below
2:05 - 2:30
2:30 - 2:45 pm
What is Data Science?
Alex Smith | Professor, UW-Eau Claire Mathmatics Department
- Learn the definition of data science and its application to every-day life
- Discover the history of data science
- Explore a day in the life of a data scientist
- Learn how data science impacts your credit union
Alan Hathaway | Owner/President, Brown Boots Interactive, Inc.
- Learn how to setup Google Analytics
- Identify the data your credit union should pay attention to
- Learn how to interpret the data to make real-world marketing and business decisions
- Get tips on how Google Analytics can increase the effectiveness of your search engine optimization (SEO) and AdWords campaigns
Facilitator: Josh Roberts, CCUE, CUDE | VP System Collaboration & Development, The League
- Discover ideas for how to overcome challenges
- Identify valued skill sets
- Get advice for becoming the next generation of credit union leadership
Community Service Project
The King's Closet provides
free clothing to families and
individuals in need in the
Please bring good quality:
- Good quality men's clothing
- Men's shoes
- Small housewares
- Dishes, silverware, pots and pans, towels, sheet, etc.
- Cash donations
Metropolis Resort & Conference Center
5150 Fairview Drive
Eau Claire, WI 54701
Rate: $71.00, plus tax
Room rate expires: June 4, 2018
Please call the in-house reservations department toll free at (844) 855-2724 and select Option for New Reservations or book using the link below. The group block name is WI Credit League.
Online Reservations, the code WICREDITLEAGUE will
populate, enter the arrival and departure dates and
the number of adults and children staying in the room and then click Search
Availability and follow the normal booking process.