Young Professionals (YPs), here's your chance to guide the credit union movement through a role with your state trade association!
Applications are now being accepted for one of two seats as a YP advisor to The League Board of Directors. The role involves:
- serving a three-year term
- attending quarterly League Board meetings
- participating actively in Board deliberations (in a non-voting capacity)
- upholding the same fiduciary standards as traditional directors
It's a great way to learn first-hand how your League shapes and supports the credit union movement; you'll have a real say in the direction your League takes on behalf of Wisconsin credit unions and their 3 million members. Plus, you'll have another professional experience to help you hone your leadership and build your career!
The successful candidate will fill the seat currently held by David Murphy of Marshfield Medical Center Credit Union, whose term expires in May. The person selected will join Kyrah Klika in representing YPs on the Board.
Applicants must be registered members of The League's YP Network (there's no cost to join). We're looking for applicants with:
- longevity working for credit unions and experience in their own credit union
- additional relevant experience
- service to the credit union movement and in the community
- critical thinking
- desire to learn and grow within the movement
- February 2 - deadline to submit applications
- May 10 - YP Board Member introduced at the League's Annual Meeting at Convention, begins term
- Complete the application (including a signature representing support from your credit union's president/CEO or board chair)
- Candidates may be called for a phone interview
Contact Josh Roberts.
The Wisconsin Credit Union League is one of the few state credit union trade associations with YP advisors on its Board. The League Board is committed to the success of Wisconsin YPs through its support of the YP Network.