Summit Credit Union, voted #1 employer by WSJ and a top workplace by Madison Magazine has an exciting opportunity to join our Risk Management team as a compliance officer-lending. In this role you will be responsible for Summit's compliance with HMDA and Fannie Mae’s quality control requirements. Ensures Summit’s lending operations remain compliant with all applicable laws and regulations by staying current on regulatory and operational changes, researching and advising on compliance matters, collaborating with others to identify solutions to compliance challenges, assist as needed with the implementation of solutions, and completing periodic compliance reviews.
- Manage and continue to enhance the mortgage quality control review program.
- Periodically review and improve the mortgage quality control program to provide improved efficiency to the process, enhanced quality of information to stakeholders and continued compliance with Fannie Mae requirements as they change.
- Stay informed of changes to quality control requirements, proactively communicate changes to impacted parties and update the quality control program as necessary.
- Work with lending and the third party vendor to ensure pre-funding and post-closing mortgage quality control reviews are performed in a quality manner and completed within required timeframes.
- Work with management to resolve exceptions and provide feedback regarding possible underlying issues.
- Review quality control reports, assist in the identification of potential areas for improvement, and work with management to implement appropriate changes.
- Prepare a monthly report informing senior management of defects and management’s action plans to resolve them.
- Continuously evaluate the performance of the mortgage quality control vendor and provide timely feedback to ensure expected service levels are met.
- Ensure HMDA data is accurately reported within required timeframes.
- Prepare, review and submit HMDA data within required timeframes.
- Stay abreast of changes to existing and/or new laws and regulations related to HMDA.
- Work with management to adjust lending practices as needed to maintain HMDA compliance in an efficient manner.
- Ensure staff are properly trained on pertinent HMDA requirements.
- Assist with any external audits/exams related to HMDA.
- Advise on lending compliance related matters.
- Stay abreast of changes to existing and/or new lending laws and regulations.
- Communicate key issues to senior management, Risk Management, and other impacted areas in a timely manner.
- Provide compliance expertise and knowledge throughout the credit union, serving as a resource for project workgroups and responding to employee questions.
- Research and investigate compliance implications due to the introduction of new/changing regulations, products, policies, procedures, or processes.
- Changes to systems, processes, policies and procedures.
- Review marketing ads for lending compliance and offer feedback as needed.
- Coordinate ongoing compliance training for employees.
- Conduct reviews to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, report results to stakeholders, and collaborate with management to improve processes as needed.
- Knowledge equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the area of mortgage lending operations or compliance.
- Previous experience with mortgage quality control processes, HMDA, QuestSoft, and lending compliance is preferred.
- Ability to understand comprehensive and detailed laws and regulations, and interpret them in a reasonable and understandable way for the credit union.
- Ability to work without close supervision and with all types of personalities.
- Professional, well-developed written and oral communication skills necessary for communicating with all levels of employees.
- A detail oriented problem solver who can analyze information, identify compliance issues and develop recommendations.
- Intermediate mathematical skills required (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.).
- Basic to intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
About Your Organization
Have you always wanted to work someplace where you could make a difference and have fun doing it? Then you should check out Summit Credit Union! We’re a successful company that’s growing every year. We’re not afraid to try new things. We work hard to be a good place to work. And we also work hard to try to make our communities a better place. People come to us for things like loans and checking accounts – anything they need to help manage their money. But they pick Summit for those things because we’re different than a bank. We’re owned by the people who use us (we call them our members). That means the money we earn goes back to helping our members have a better life and achieve their dreams.
How to Apply
Summit Credit Union