The position will perform various loan department functions including, but not limited to obtaining all required documents needed for loan approval, researching information, scanning, emailing, organizing, entering, and filing documents and assisting with miscellaneous office tasks. In addition will prepare designated loan documentation through our established systems and reviewing it to ensure it is completed in full and complies with current banking regulations. The hiring range for this position is $14.42 - $21.63 per hour. Pay is commensurate with experience. Premium Pay for hours worked on Saturday.
Responsibilities | Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact professionally with members, originators, and outside organizations to obtain necessary documentation.
- Process various types of loans.
- Assist members and employees with basic questions regarding lending services.
- Pull and process paid loans.
- Prepare electronic lien perfections and lien releases.
- Prepare payoff statements
- Process verifications.
- Accurately and efficiently validate loan application information.
- Order title reports, flood certificates, tax assessments and appraisals from the appropriate companies.
- Follow up with those companies to ensure that all orders are received in a timely manner.
- Prepare closing package, researching, and resolving all items in the closing package to ensure closing process is on-time and documentation is complete and accurate.
- Promptly and efficiently handle insurance binders and insurance related processes. Ensure all titled collateral are properly insured at all times.
- Review appraisals and property tax valuations.
- Perform all follow-up mortgage duties to ensure files are complete.
- Review of loan applications to ensure credit union and secondary market standards are being met and communicate recommendations if standards are not being met.
- Various other duties such as performing post-closing reviews and prepare loan for scanning tracking final documents.
- Answer overflow telephone calls.
- Relieve receptionist for breaks and lunch as well as cover when on vacation.
- An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills necessary for serving credit union members and projecting a positive image as a representative of the credit union.
- Knowledge of credit union and/or industry mortgage products
- Thorough knowledge of loan processing, closing policies, procedures, documents, underwriting requirements, governmental and agency requirements, terminology, and automated processing systems.
- Capable of independently processing the most complex loans.
- Self-motivated, self-directed, detail-oriented individual who understands the importance of accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to converse with members/coworkers in-person and over the telephone.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills with ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work accurately and independently, without supervision, and still accomplish goals assigned within required timelines.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills with ability to work with interruptions, in a fast-paced, continuously changing work environment.
- Ability to work with sensitive and highly confidential information.
- Above average computer skills in the use of Microsoft and various software applications within Windows environment.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the credit union’s service standards, operations policies, and procedures, and in compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Identify reportable transactions and activities under the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), its implementing regulations, and Unison’s Anti-Money Laundering program.
- Comply with requirements under Unison’s Member (Customer) Identification Program (CIP), FinCEN 314a procedures, and OFAC regulations and sanction programs.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in accounting, finance, or business preferred.
- Two years of consumer or mortgage lending or loan processing experience is preferred.
- Must have previous financial experience.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Part-time employment is defined as working less than 29.9 hours/week.
Perform additional duties as assigned Schedule
- Work hours would be within the operational hours of the credit union as necessary to meet deadlines or accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Retirement Plan – Generous Profit Sharing along with 401(k) and Roth options if meet eligibility requirements.
- Employee Assistance Program
Physical and Mental Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time, use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls; use a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, and/or walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds while moving files.
- Frequent vision effort is required. 75-90% of the workday is spent at a computer monitor and/or with written or computer-generated paper documents.
- The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
- Work is performed in an indoor office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- The work characteristics described here are representative of those individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
- The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
- It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Unison Credit Union retains the discretion to add duties or change the duties of this position at any time.
- Equal Opportunity Employer About Your Organization.
How to Apply
If you are qualified for this position and would like to apply then complete an online application. If you would like to submit a resume, send one to:
Unison Credit Union
P.O. Box 260
Kaukauna, WI 54130