What you should know about the role This position supports efforts to meet the strategic goals of the credit union, including providing outstanding service to internal and external members as defined by living and demonstrating the core values of the credit union; Act with Integrity, Drive Progress, Build & Strengthen Relationships and Keep People at the Core. Oversees a team of analysts and supports all of the analytics needs of Advia CU. This may include recommending marketing activity, increasing market expansion and managing product and service delivery products. This position directs quantitative and qualitative research efforts using statistical methodology and studies to conduct analysis of programs, products and services offered, market potential, competitive intelligence, member satisfaction and industry standards to recommend sales goals and to help drive progress.
As a Manager of Analytics, you will have opportunities to:
- Lead the team responsible for extracting data from databases and formulate into business intelligence reports.
- Ensure accuracy in all data analytics projects.
- Manage data vendors, systems and databases.
- Manage data collection and updates accordingly.
- Lead acquisition and abstraction of primary and secondary data from existing/new internal or external data sources as needed to develop actionable recommendations.
- Provide leadership to analyze and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets to identify key drivers, mechanics and associated dependencies for driving member acquisition, adoption, retention and cross-sell.
- Partner with the Senior Management team to ensure all data reporting and analytics needs are met for the entire organization.
- Proactively anticipate data information that will aid in driving progress regarding the organizational scorecard and goals.
- Lending-Responsible for a team that provides analytical reviews for lending area, including but not limited to: indirect dealer performance, underwriting guideline & policy compliance, underwriting trend monitoring, various other ad-hoc report requests from lending management.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses utilizing tools related to core analytics, statistical modeling, and regression analysis to develop business and portfolio insights.
- Conducts research, prepare reports, and analyze credit performance on credit risk trends, portfolio reviews, economic forecast, etc.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Marketing - Directs all Marketing research functions with the primary purpose of effectively translating analytics into clear, actionable strategic recommendations to identify specific opportunities to grow revenue, reduce expenses / improve efficiency and set accurate targets for both.
- Effectively hires, mentors and directs Marketing Analysts.
- Manage the analysis of market expansion/consolidation utilizing market intelligence resources.
- Analyze and interpret research results including opportunity and threats.
- Based on analysis provide recommendations for expansion/consolidation that would result in increased revenue, reduction of expenses, or improved efficiencies.
- Assist in the development and execution of marketing initiatives.
- Lead analysis of target market universe and list development.
- Evaluate traditional and digital media performance and make recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency to maximize results.
- Evaluate all paid and non-paid advertising and marketing efforts to optimize performance and ROI.
- Support debit card, deposit products and e-products by providing research and development functions.
- Manage research of understanding member needs to identify new products that will provide greater advantages to members.
- Analyze current products and identify if improvements may be made that would result in increased usage and revenue, reduction of expenses, or improved efficiency.
- Manages direct reports to maximize productivity, efficiency, and the potential of the human assets of the company, including; monitoring staff performance, coaching, counseling, training, assuring compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational mission, values, policies and work rules.
- Appraise performance and provide recommendations for promotion, disciplinary action and termination, as appropriate.
Qualifications | Experience
- Five years to eight years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience.
Education | Certifications | Licenses
- The ability to motivate or influence internal or external senior level professionals is a critical part of the job, requiring a significant level of influence and trust.
- Obtaining cooperation and agreement on important outcomes via frequently complex, senior level dialogues, as well as a professional level of written communication skills are essential to the position.
About the Organization
What you should know about Advia Advia is a fast-growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with over 2 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying "work hard, play hard." As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
How to Apply
Advia Credit Union