Job Overview Develop and maintain a TruStone Home Mortgage customer referral base of Realtors, Builders, Financial Service Providers, and Consumers. Provide professional expertise in promoting and originating first mortgage lien loans that meet portfolio and investor guidelines. Build rapport and provides quality customer service for external customers. This position is responsible for growing the TruStone Home Mortgage customer base outside of the TruStone Financial Credit Union Network.
Responsibilities | Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the loan application process by conducting borrower interviews, in person and over the phone, originating 1st mortgage loans that meet investor and portfolio guidelines.
- Obtain and evaluate credit reports and where applicable, submits loans to Underwriting Department to obtain automated underwriting recommendations.
- Prepare initial loan documentation, including the application and all early disclosures; insuring documents are prepared accurately and timely, in compliance with all regulations.
- Provide financing solutions to borrowers that best meet their financial needs while adhering to anti-predatory lending and regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Communicate with borrower, Realtor, Closing Agent regarding documentation required, file progress, closing arrangements, etc., while maintaining borrower confidentiality.
- Work with the borrower, loan processor, underwriter and closer through the entire loan process.
- Communicate loan decisions to borrowers, including approvals and denials, verbally and in writing.
- Participate in training and continuing education as required by NMLS and any state or federal programs (such as the SAFE Act).
- Work with management to develop, coordinate and deliver training and marketing activities that drive profitable loan volume, meeting production and service goals
- Answer incoming calls, counsel new applicants; answer questions on files in process; or re-direct the caller to appropriate staff in other areas of the department.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
Major Skills and Competencies
- Ability to originate a minimum of three loans per week.
- Knowledge of mortgage products and underwriting guidelines, and regulatory requirements.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain a high level of business acumen with the ability to develop strong relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, financial services providers and customers by networking outside TruStone Financial Credit Union.
- Ability to identify and facilitate change in a deadline driven, highly regulated environment.
- Competency in basic math skills such as calculating interest and mortgage payments.
- Comfortable working with and balancing data in a variety of loan systems.
Qualifications | Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or a related field, or four years of equivalent work experience in the mortgage lending field.
- Three years of experience in mortgage lending, finance or real estate related field.
- One year of experience and proven success at developing consistent business by networking.
- Must meet SAFE ACT licensing requirements.
- Must have thorough knowledge of FHA, USDA and VA Lending.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment screening.
Travel & Expected Hours of Work
- This position requires up to 35% travel.
- Responsible for your own local transportation to and from business partner and branch locations (such as Realtors and Builders offices, closing agent offices, etc.)
- Hours may include nights and weekends to accommodate borrower and business partner needs.
About the Organization
TruStone Financial is a full-service, member-owned credit union that provides simple yet competitive financial tools to empower members’ financial well-being. Its neighborhood credit union strives to make each interaction greater than any transaction, seeing it as the neighborly thing to do. As a credit union founded by teachers in 1939, TruStone Financial has grown to include 14 branches across Minnesota and Wisconsin in addition to its Plymouth, MN corporate office. TruStone Financial is looking for new people to join its ever evolving team as it continues to improve the financial lives of its members.
How to Apply
To review and apply, use direct link
TruStone Financial Federal Credit Union