The President is responsible for planning, directing and controlling all credit union activities in accordance with credit union plans, policies, directives and activities as established by the board of directors. The President is responsible for ensuring the financial stability and member satisfaction commensurate with the best interest of the members, the employees and the credit union. The president provides strategic direction, vision, leadership and management in all operational areas.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of credit union and establish/refine office procedures to utilize staff and facilities most efficiently, to promote products and services, to provide outstanding member service, and to achieve the goals of the credit union.
- Direct all credit union operations, which include planning and implementing programs, policies and procedures.
- Individually and/or through subordinates, provide strategic and/or administrative direction and management in all credit union functions to include: accounting, ALM, membership development, compliance, facility/IT management, finance, investments, lending, marketing, operations, risk management and security.
- Ensure that the credit union is in compliance with the federal laws and regulations set forth by the National Credit Union Administration and other State and Federal regulatory agencies.
- Develop, recommend and implement financial policies and procedures.
- Analyze the workflow of the credit union operations on a continuous basis and make changes to improve and reduce cost.
- Support the recruiting and selecting qualified applicants for vacancies as an active member of the Credit Union Personnel Committee.
- Lead in developing and maintaining a budget for the credit union that is consistent with the overall strategic plan.
- Support the Personnel Committee with timely annual performance evaluations of the staff to ensure quality service to members.
- Provide direction on compensation, while planning and recommending wage and salary structure in accordance with the credit union market.
- Foster a culture of inclusion by conducting staff meetings on a regular basis to ensure the dissemination of information, exchange of ideas, resolution of problems, discuss board direction, etc.
- Conduct membership development activities to promote the growth and development of the credit union. Build positive relationships with the field of membership and with appropriate trade associations and organizations.
- Plan and oversee the employee benefits program, balancing internal demands, equity in the marketplace and costs.
- Manage security and safety for the credit union, with responsibility to analyze security and safety policies and procedures and to alert staff and board of any changes in a timely manner.
- Manage online security and safety for credit union, with responsibility to analyze online security and safety procedures.
- Associate’s Degree (Finance, Accounting, Business).
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a credit union or financial institution.
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills essential for communicating information to the Board of Directors, within the organization and to the membership.
- Human Relations, and extensive management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Finance, Accounting, Business)
- 5 years of management experience within the credit union field or financial institute.
- Direct experience with financial compliance procedures.
About the Organization
The Public Service Credit Union serves employees and family members of WEC Energy Group. This closed credit union is located in Wausau with members throughout northcentral Wisconsin.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Kelly Zagrzebski, Board Vice-Chairperson.