This position will serve as a liaison between the member and the credit union. The position is responsible for providing account information by phone or in person, as well as information on the full range of credit union products and services. In addition, this position will open accounts for members, resolve issues, and professionally handle the members’ daily needs. Providing a variety of transactional services to members is also a requirement. Candidates must be passionate about providing excellent member/customer service and thrive in a team and results oriented environment. Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as exceptional attention to detail skills and knowledge of credit union products and services is a plus. In addition, this position will perform limited transactional duties to serve members by receiving or paying out funds with a high degree of accuracy, maintaining accurate transactional records, providing basic cash receipt and payment services in accordance with credit union policies and procedures. This position may serve as a backup to the other Manitowoc and Mishicot locations.
- Greet and welcome members and visitors to the credit union in a professional manner. Provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Provide in‐person and by‐telephone general and specific service‐related information concerning credit union services or policies.
- May respond to email or other electronic requests submitted by members, again providing professional, prompt, efficient, and accurate service and information.
- Respond to members’ requests, problems, and complaints, and/or direct them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance.
- Handle opening new accounts, servicing existing accounts, interviewing loan applicants, closing loans and cross selling SCU products while ensuring a positive interaction with members and non-members.
- Handle requests from members for transfers of shares to loan payments, share withdrawals, check requests, CD transactions, line of credit advances, and any other requests received from members.
- Responsible for submitting proper loan documentation for review and communicating decision to members.
- Ensure liens are properly perfected on collateral.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member’s needs.
- Process member mail transactions.
- Mail receipts and checks to members as indicated by policy and procedure.
- Provide information on investment alternatives to members wishing to deposit funds with the credit union.
- Research accounts for deposit, withdrawal, and loan‐payment discrepancies.
- Assist members in balancing their accounts.
- Assist members with the proper completion of payroll deduction and direct deposit cards.
- Assist members in opening individual retirement accounts.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine checks for proper endorsement, and enter deposits into computer records.
- Process routine financial transactions including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, advances, loan payments, etc. after verification of signatures and member balances.
- Assist with phones, mail, stuffing statements, and email transactions, when necessary.
- Assist with files and shredding documents.
- Issues money orders and cashier’s checks.
- Maintain an up‐to‐date comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by tellers.
- Maintain an up‐to‐date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules, and regulations for the teller area including but not limited to robbery procedures.
- Promote, explain, and cross‐sell other credit union services such as consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates, safe deposit boxes, debit and credit cards, on‐line banking, traveler’s checks, and money orders.
- Receive mortgage, consumer loan, and other payments, and ensure the payments match balances due. Enter payments into computer. Generate member receipts.
- Place hold on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Count, check, and package coins and currency.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled amounts to computer‐generated proof sheet. Research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancies immediately to supervisor.
- Ensure that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc.
- Report malfunctions of teller computers and other equipment used at the teller station.
- Check night depository bags and record proper information according to credit union procedures.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hours per week
- This is a full-time position that is normally scheduled Monday – Friday with the occasional Saturday rotation and the hours for this position will consist of 40 hours per week.
- Pay $13.00 - $15.00 per hour, based on experience.
- Proficient Data Entry experience – 2+ years (required)
- Previous administrative/clerical experience – 2+ years (required)
- Experience in using and operating Microsoft Office products – 2+ years (preferred)
- Relevant experience in financial services experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of Credit Union products and services (preferred)
- Previous experience with financial institution software systems (preferred)
- Customer Service – 1 year (preferred)
- Cash handling – 1 year (preferred)
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent (required)
- Associate’s degree in finance, business or related field (preferred)
- Valid Driver’s License (required)
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Quality and precision focused
- Sound judgment
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong time management and organizational skills
- The ability to maintain the highest degree on confidentiality and professional discretion
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to work well with others
- Demonstrated skills in organization and prioritization
- Learns quickly and is adaptable to learning on the job
- Must have a strong aptitude to manage multiple tasks and priorities and work under strict deadlines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; sit; stand, bend, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly push, pull, lift, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Finger dexterity for operating computer keyboard, scanning equipment, printer, calculator, telephone, and other equipment used. Ability to sit, stand, bend for long periods of time as well as traveling to and from different branch locations when required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
Shipbuilders Credit Union