Did you know that a “simple” deposit of cash and a few checks can be governed by
at least seven regulations? Frontline staff are responsible for placing
appropriate holds on funds, providing accurate/timely disclosures, and
identifying and reporting suspicious activity – all while providing outstanding
This informative session will focus on compliance regulations
and guidelines that affect frontline staff. It will address common account
transactions and the specific regulations that govern each. Tools to enhance
your daily routine will be provided to guide you through regulatory
requirements, identifying red flags, and assisting with accountholder questions.
Both new and seasoned frontline staff will benefit from this must-attend,
jam-packed session – and meet their annual training requirements.
- Bank Secrecy Act: CTR triggers, information to obtain,
and reporting suspicious activity
- Regulation D: Its effect on various
- Regulation E: Important error resolution issues and how to
handle stop payments
- Regulation CC: Examples of exception and case-by-case
- Regulation P: Important privacy issues
- Identity theft and
recognizing elder financial abuse: Recognizing red flags and when to report
- Discrimination: Avoiding lending discrimination during initial
conversations with prospective borrowers
- UDAAP: Fair treatment in account
recommendations, fee waivers, and consumer complaints
- Truth in Savings:
Understanding when and how to provide disclosures
Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Live and recorded webinar, handouts, quiz with answer key and training log are included.