The board secretary’s role is critical in today’s dynamic industry involving
corporate governance, compliance, and director liability. That role also
includes communication with directors and management, administration of
corporate governance, oversight of policy/procedure reviews, obtaining and
maintaining annual documentation, and compliance issues. Examiners routinely ask
for and conduct an in-depth review of board minutes as a part of their regular
exam request memo. What are the dos and don’ts of this important role? How can
the board secretary be more effective? This session will provide the answers to
these questions and more.
- Board secretary
- Documenting the board’s oversight of your institution’s
- List of annual policies, officer designations, and other
items for the board
- Documenting various methods of board training
- Establishing the agenda and distributing the board package
minutes, supporting documentation, and corrections
- E-package delivery,
including privacy and IT sample procedures
- Record-retention requirements
Dawn Kincaid, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
Live and recorded webinar, handouts, quiz with answer key and training log are included.