Which regulations apply to commercial real estate loans? Are there
exceptions when real estate is taken as “an abundance of caution”? Can
examiners assess civil money penalties for violations? Do your commercial
lenders and support staff understand the data collection required for
HMDA-reportable applications? Is a written application required for a
business-purpose loan? This webinar will address these questions and more.
Real-life examples will be used to explain how regulations apply to the
commercial loan application process.
- Overview of
commercial loan compliance hot spots, including fair housing, Regulation B,
Flood Disaster Protection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, accommodation loans,
HMDA, and insider lending
- High-level review of BSA requirements, including
the new beneficial ownership rules for legal entity customers effective May 11,
- How to determine whether the application is for business or consumer
- Compliance requirements when real estate is taken as collateral
- Compliance requirements for Regulation B appraisal rules on loan
applications secured by a first lien on 1-4 family dwellings (there is no
- Common commercial loan violations when real
estate is taken as collateral
- Overview of HMDA requirements and review of
the rules for business-purpose loans effective January 1, 2018. Some
institutions may be eligible for partial exemptions from some data fields if
they meet the lower threshold limits announced on August 31, 2018.
- Flood insurance challenges with commercial buildings and collateral,
including new rules for “detached structure on residential property” with a
Susan Costonis, CRCM, Compliance Consulting & Training for FIs
Live and recorded webinar, handouts, quiz with answer key and training log are included.