Do you know the most important consumer lending laws and regulations? This webinar will
provide a thorough analysis of the most important federal consumer lending laws and
related CFPB regulations.
- Explain the required lending terms that must be disclosed to consumers
- Distinguish the triggering terms used in advertising to consumers
- Identify unlawful discrimination in consumer lending
- Understand the duty of privacy owed by the lending institution to its consumer borrowers
- Define what is an unfair, deceptive, or abusive act or practice as determined by the CFPB
This webinar will provide comprehensive training on consumer lending regulations, including the Truth in
Lending Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act and fair lending, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Servicemembers
Civil Relief Act, Military Lending Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and privacy policies, and the regulations
prohibiting unfair, deceptive, and abusive acts and practices. Learn everything that examiners expect
your staff to know regarding consumer lending regulations and how these regulations should work
together in your financial institution.
Elizabeth Fast, Spencer Fane LLP
Elizabeth Fast is a partner with Spencer Fane LLP where she specializes in the representation of financial
institutions. Elizabeth is the head of the firm’s training division. She received her law degree from the
University of Kansas and her undergraduate degree from Pittsburg State University. In addition, she has
a Master of Business Administration degree and she is a Certified Public Accountant. Before joining
Spencer Fane, she was General Counsel, Senior Vice President, and Corporate Secretary of a $9 billion
bank with more than 130 branches, where she managed all legal, regulatory, and compliance functions.