The Wisconsin Credit Union Foundation is helping credit unions to serve members and Wisconsin communities. Your donations have done tremendous good in 2018, and if you are a donor by the end of this year, you and/or your organization can be recognized for supporting this valuable outreach.
In 2018, the Wisconsin Credit Union Foundation:
- Helped 42 individuals from 24 credit unions become Certified Credit Union Financial Counselors (CCUFCs), bringing the Foundation-coordinated three-year total to more than 160. The Foundation engaged with system partners not just to offer certification training for credit union professionals to earn the CCUFC credential, but also to guide them in establishing a sustainable, measurable in-house counseling program with a broader impact on members and the bottom line.
- Provided a community development workshop to help credit unions improve their outreach through community partnerships, and a youth financial education workshop to improve their collaborations with teachers and students. Both sessions were held in Sheboygan.
- Awarded $37,868 in Foundation grants to credit unions. a REAL Solutions Initiative® Grant went to Peoples Choice Credit Union for financial education materials and seven credit unions received a share of $32,868 to upgrade phones, expand a lobby area, upgrade member service products and technology, add document destruction capability, offer a mobile app and remote deposit capture, upgrade websites and online banking access, and more.
- Presented scholarships. 2018 Foundation Scholarships went to Lindsay Pelletier for Development Education training and to Cassie Thom and Sara Cardinal for CUNA Management School. Professional Development Scholarships will be awarded later in November.
- Provided disaster relief to help credit unions and their members. A total of $2,000 was directed to Hurricanes Florence and Michael relief through CUAid, a program of the National Credit Union Foundation.
Please ensure that opportunities like this continue by:
- Purchasing a Ca$h Calendar, a holiday raffle that awards $2,500 in cash prizes during December.
- Making a gift as part of your credit union’s League & CUNA dues payment. Invoices are sent to credit unions in early December.
- Making Amazon purchases at smile.Amazon.com
- Using the Community Investment Fund to earn income year-round for your credit union while supporting community development programs at the state and national levels.
- Making a gift personally, perhaps as a memorial or tribute to honor someone you hold dear.
All 2018 donors will be be recognized as part of the Foundation’s Annual Donor Fund Society.
Thank you for using the Foundation to improve the quality of life in Wisconsin!
With support from its Annual Fund Donor Society, The Wisconsin Credit Union Foundation supports the professional development, growth and wellness of credit unions to advance their people-focused mission.