Develop, manage, and maintain reliable accounting information and reporting on income, expenses, assets, liabilities, and capital for management planning and decision making and for fulfillment of financial reporting requirements. Reconcile G/L and bank accounts. Ensure that reports, accounts, systems, policies, and practices adhere to general accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Manage accounting functions to include Accounts Payable/Receivable, financial analysis, financial reporting and recordkeeping, General Ledger, and investments.
- Actively participate in the research, creation, and implementation of policies and procedures for all departments of Brewery Credit Union. Assist with the communication of those policies and procedures to entire staff.
- Responsible for General Ledger reconciliation, analysis of financial accounts, and preparation of journal entries including Subsidiaries, Allowance for Loan Loss calculation, Participation Loan activity, delinquent loan interest calculation, and Indirect Loan vendor payments. Produce and post end of month closing entries and monthly financial statements.
- Ensure that all activities of the department are in accordance with GAAP and that all accounting records are maintained accurately and in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff, evaluating the performance of the staff on a regular basis. Resolve employee questions or conflicts.
- Research, develop, and implement processes to streamline account procedures.
- Monitor fixed asset management.
- Prepare all reports and information needed and work with the State and Internal examiners during their audits of BCU.
- Conduct special account studies, analyses, and special projects as requested by the President.
Additional Duties and/or Responsibilities
- Research and resolve member questions, problems, and concerns regarding accounts, loans, plastic cards, statements, on-line banking, etc.
- Research and resolve staff questions, problems, and concerns.
- Balance and post all SEG payrolls.
- Responsible for all COACH activity.
- Responsible for returned deposit items (QRCs).
- Conduct (or cause to be conducted) an annual ACH and BSA audit.
- Responsible for the completion and submission of all daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual Regulator’s and tax reports.
- Ability to work accurately with figures and to perform detailed work.
- Experience working with advanced accounting principles required.
- High School diploma and additional course work in accounting.
- Experience in an accounting field required. Financial institution accounting experience preferred.
About the Organization
Brewery Credit Union was established in 1934 for workers in the brewing industry. Now open to the public who live or work in Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Kenosha, Waukesha and Washington counties, we continue to serve our community. Brewery Credit Union is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) and we believe that everyone deserves an opportunity to achieve financial security and have access to safe, low cost financial products and services.
How to Apply
Send your resume to Brewery Credit Union