This is a full-time position based out of Black River Falls. In this position, you would complete various daily, weekly, and monthly operational accounting functions, with an emphasis on share drafts. You would also assist CCU members and the Accounting Department in various daily operation activities.
** For full job description and application instructions visit our website at www.coopcu.com and the 'Careers tab
Responsibilities | Duties Include
- Manages the share draft exceptions daily, including stop payments on share drafts.
- Assists members with share draft questions, problems, and research.
- Communicates with members when closing a share draft account due to NSF activity.
- Makes daily General Ledger entries for Corporate Central Credit Union accounts.
- Reconciles daily settlement entries for FHLB Cash settlement account.
- Reconciles cashier’s check and money orders issued daily.
- Reviews and processes outstanding cashier’s checks and money orders issued.
- Reviews dormant accounts as part of the escheatment process.
- Reconciles Charge off accounts.
- Assists with monthly investment accrual entries.
- Assists with IRA and HSA processing.
- Assists in approving mobile deposits and places any necessary holds to minimize loss to CCU.
- Cross trains and acts as a back up to other staff in the Accounting Department as needed.
- Researches and assists with member inquiries including but not limited to statement reprints, copies of checks, etc.
- Assists with special Accounting Department projects as needed.
Desired qualifications include basic mathematical skills, and excellent communication, customer service, and problem solving skills. The ideal candidate will also be well versed in Microsoft Excel and other computer programs, and have excellent attention to detail. A post-secondary education and/or experience in accounting or a related field is preferred but not required.
About the Organization
Co-op Credit Union is a financially strong, mission-driven credit union. We offer a professional work environment that is dedicated to employee development, community, and serving our member-owners. We look forward to welcoming new talent to our team as we grow! Co-op Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
How to Apply
For full job description and application