This position is responsible for evaluating the financial statements and condition of commercial loan members applying for credit. Analyzes complex personal and corporate loan portfolio financial statements for loan risk rating and monitoring purposes on a single loan or relationship basis. Performs timely and accurate annual reviews to monitor credit quality and early identification of deterioration of credit quality. Analyzes such items as income, quality of management, market share, potential risks and collateral appraisal. Prepares loan presentations, which include credit analysis and a summary of the loan request. This is accomplished by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members as defined by living and demonstrating the core values of the credit union; Act with Integrity, Drive Progress, Build & Strengthen Relationships and Keep People at the Core.
- Underwrites existing and prospective commercial client requests.
- Tasks consist of analytical review of all financial statements, comparison of the client’s historical financial performance with industry and competitor trends.
- Assesses collateral offered and its marketability to make certain the credit relationships meet internal policy guidelines and regulation standards.
- Reviews and ensures commercial loan policy compliance throughout the commercial lending process, including the review of various reports and loan approval conditions.
- Works closely with commercial lenders to fully understand the request, establishing and defining credit requirements and risk mitigation to make credit recommendations to the appropriate individual or committee based on credit analysis.
- Utilizes and maintains credit analysis software. Assist the department in training and sharing knowledge with Commercial Credit Analyst team members.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with Credit Union personnel and with management. This may include coordinating functions with related departments, providing support as needed, keeping management informed of area activities and of any significant problems, attending and participating in meetings and committees as required and completing required reports and records.
- Reviews and helps recommend various reports and other loan approval conditions. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional business relations with members and trade professionals.
- Answers questions and resolves requests. This may include assisting department personnel with administrative tasks as needed, and maintaining and protecting the Credit Union's professional reputation.
- Periodically accompany Commercial Lenders on meetings with Commercial Members or at other business development events.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Additionally, all employees must follow policies and procedures to minimize risk by exercising judgment, raising questions to management, and adhering to policy guidelines.
- At least two years of Commercial Credit Analysis Experience.
- Minimum of two years of Commercial Lending experience.
- Knowledge of Credit Union lending and collections programs, policies, and procedures.
- Understanding of financial analysis and determination of credit worthiness.
- The candidate should have a clear understanding of general accounting principles as well as general knowledge of business, finance and economics.
- An advanced knowledge and understanding of multiple balance sheets and corporate entities with the ability to interpret all forms of financial data and instruments is needed for this role.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Sageworks credit analysis software experience preferred. SBA experience preferred.
- A college degree.
- Interpersonal Skills
- A significant level of trust, credibility and diplomacy is required.
- In-depth dialogue, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors can be of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature.
- Communications may involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance. Typically includes subject matter experts as well as first level to middle managers.
- Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.
- Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in emergency situation.
- Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator.
- Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary.
- Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management.
- Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
- Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
- Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team.
- Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions.
- Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence.
- Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public.
- Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities.
- Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
About the Organization
Advia is a fast-growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States. We serve over 198,000 members and with assets near $3 Billion. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying "work hard, play hard." As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
How to Apply
Advia Credit Union