This position assists in evaluating the financial statements and condition of individual and commercial loan members applying for credit. Analyzes basic personal and corporate loan portfolio financial statements for loan risk rating and monitoring purposes on a single loan or relationship basis. Performs timely and accurate annual reviews to monitor credit quality and early identification of deterioration of credit quality for smaller loans. Analyzes such items as income, quality of management, market share, potential risks and collateral appraisal. Prepares loan presentations, which includes credit analysis and a summary of the loan request.
As a Commercial Lending Credit Analyst 1, you will have opportunities to:
- Be mentally simulated and provided with the opportunity to use problem solving skills
- Be an important part of a fun, friendly and fast-paced team
- Self-manage your day to day work schedule
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with Credit Union personnel and with management.
- This may include coordinating functions with related departments, providing support as needed, keeping informed of area activities and of any significant problems, attending and participating in meetings and committees as required and completing required reports and records.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Supports members of the Commercial Credit Analysis team to fully understand credit requests, including research assistance and data collection to complete loan presentations and annual reviews.
- Underwrites smaller existing and prospective commercial client requests.
- Tasks include analytical review of all financial statements, comparison of the client’s historical financial performance with industry and competitor trends.
- Reviews and help recommend various reports and other loan approval conditions.
- Reviews and ensures commercial loan policy compliance throughout the commercial lending process.
- Utilizes and maintains credit analysis software.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional business relationships.
- Answers routine questions and resolves simple requests.
- This may include assisting department personnel with administrative tasks as needed, and maintaining and protecting the Credit Union’s professional reputation.
Qualifications | Experience
- The candidate should have a clear understanding of general accounting principles as well as general knowledge of business and economics.
- Candidate should also have some knowledge of commercial lending programs, policies and procedures as well as an understanding of financial analysis and determination of credit worthiness.
- Some knowledge and understanding of balance sheets and income statements or tax returns a plus.
- Also, some knowledge of different corporate entities will be beneficial for this role.
- Strong analytical and communication abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field, or an equivalent combination of training and work experience.
- Interpersonal Skills Courtesy and tack are essential elements of the job.
- Work involves personal contact with customers and others inside and outside the organization, generally regarding fairly routine matters for the purposes of giving and obtaining information or instructions, updating or referring.
- Communications require shorter and not in-depth discussions most of the time.
- Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.
- Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in emergency situation.
- Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator.
- Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary.
- Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management.
- Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
- Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
- Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team.
- Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions.
- Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence.
- Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public.
- Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities.
- Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
- Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
- Advia Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by law.
About the Organization
Advia is a fast-growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with nearly 2 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
How to Apply
Advia Credit Union