The Commercial Lending Systems Administrator is the subject matter expert responsible for actively managing the efficiency and effectiveness, improving the performance, and overseeing the maintenance of Advia's commercial lending systems. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of systems management, maintenance, and performance. Working with different business units to build process workflows, testing and implementing enhancements and periodic releases in multiple systems; maintaining the test/training, and production systems; updating documents and managing e-signatures and managing connectors to vendors. This position is responsible for applying strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve system malfunctions, improve the member and end-user experience, and maximize the efficiency of all lending systems. This is accomplished by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members as defined by living and demonstrating the core values of the credit union; Act with Integrity, Drive Progress, Build & Strengthen Relationships and Keep People at the Core.
- System Management, including all commercial lending system management, enhancements, efficiency, updates, system structure.
- Monitor progress on assigned projects and tasks to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop communication programs relative to assigned projects.
- Provide support for project management of new systems projects, upgrades, and new system software.
- Act as lead for system improvement activities for multiple projects, new products, and changes to current processes, upgrades, process improvements and efficiency gains.
- Responsible for facilitating or participating in meetings with vendors to retain and improve member relationship in regard to system and enhancements.
- Attend vendor conferences and/or participate in client user groups to maintain and improve knowledge of systems and promote vendor/client relationships.
- Represent Commercial Lending as a subject matter expert on system upgrades; participates in system testing; collaborate with other system leads to develop, implement and maintain project plans, including the configuration management, risk management, project measurement and quality management plans.
- Analyze system deficiencies and recommend short/long term solution strategies to enhance systems and procedures.
- Provide support during the testing, training, and rollout of system upgrades and enhancements.
- Works with Information Technology area to ensure integration of all commercial systems to other credit union platforms and systems.
- Serve as the key escalation point and line of business representative for all commercial lending system issues.
- Troubleshoot issues and identify solutions.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Additionally, all employees must follow policies and procedures to minimize risk by exercising judgment, raising questions to management, and adhering to policy guidelines.
- Three years to five years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience.
- Experience/ knowledge of project management methodologies and application development lifecycles, supporting projects as a subject matter expert and/ or eliciting business requirements.
- A significant level of trust, credibility and diplomacy is required.
- In-depth dialogue, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors can be of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature.
- Communications may involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
- Typically includes subject matter experts as well as first level to middle managers.
- Broad knowledge of re-engineering concepts.
- Self-motivated, strategic thinker capable of tackling complex problems and influencing cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage relationships and coordinate work between cross-functional teams.
- Ability to prioritize work based on predefined technology rollout schedules and business need.
About the Organization
Advia is a fast-growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with over 2 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying "work hard, play hard." As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
How to Apply
Advia Credit Union