This position is not remote! Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 hour shifts between the hours of 8:00am and 5:30pm. Responsible for performing the necessary functions to support and maintain the company’s regulatory, legal, and policy compliance.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with the implementation of a comprehensive compliance program to ensure conformity with federal and state laws and help coordinate compliance audits and organization examinations.
- Analyzes the impact of any new laws and regulations, or amendments to existing regulations, on current operations and new products and services.
- Acts as a resource to personnel for questions regarding regulatory and compliance issues.
- Assists with the development of the Compliance Resource site for easy access by staff. ·
- Assists with the review of all company forms, disclosures, member publications, advertisements, and the website to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Serves as the back up to the BSA (Bank Secrecy Act) Officer.
- Assists with the monitoring of compliance-related procedures and performing audits to insure procedures are being followed and forms are being used properly.
- Assists in training personnel on policies and procedures.
Qualifications | Ideal Candidate
- 2 to 5 years’ experience working at a financial institution
- Experience supporting a financial institution with compliance related tasks
- Able to read, interpret and analyze regulations
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Detail Oriented Preferences
- Familiar with regulations found within the financial industry such as the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), and Regulation CC Compliance (REGCC)
- Compliance certification such as Credit Union Compliance Expert Designation (CUCE) and Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Specialist (BSACS)
This position will report to Michael Harty, Chief Risk Management Officer.
This team consists of the following team members
- 3 Internal Auditors
- 1 Compliance Specialist
- 1 BSA Officer
- Eligible for annual merit increase based on performance
- 401(k) with dollar-per-dollar match up to 5% of salary
- Defined Benefit/Cash Balance
- Retirement Plan (Pension)
- Paid Time Off – Start off with 18 days!
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Flexible
- Friday & Work From Home Fridays
- Funeral Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Wellness Program
- Annual Employee Forum
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life, AD&D, Voluntary Life, Short and Long-Term Disability
About the Organization
Heritage Credit Union is a strong, not-for-profit, community-based financial institution with $450M in assets and more than 125 employees serving more than 30,000 members in WI & IL. Exciting things are happening at Heritage Credit Union. We were recently named one of the 2020 & 2021 Top Work Places by the Wisconsin State Journal, and we recently moved in to our new Home Office location just off Highway 19 and Interstate 90 in DeForest.
Heritage Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of legally protected statuses. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please message us.
How to Apply
Please apply via our company job board at: Heritage Credit Union