At Glacier Hills Credit Union we love to make loans. As the full time Consumer Loan Manager/Underwriter, your job will be to manage the Consumer Loan Team and oversee all Consumer Lending activities. Which will include evaluating our member(s’) needs and matching those to our available solutions, making good quality loans. When you come to work at Glacier Hills, know you will be joining an organization that genuinely cares. We want you to be curious, learn, and grow in your position. We believe in working as a team and being creative to best serve our members. Every day you will have the privilege to make a difference in their financial lives.
Responsibilities | Managerial Leadership
- Manages the day to day operations of the Consumer Loan function; Engages staff by helping with questions, issues, and training; conducts individual monthly meetings.
- Carries out staff management responsibilities per Glacier Hills Credit Unions policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, recommending new hires, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develops and improves operational policies and procedures for the Consumer Loan function and maintains a system that ensures the consistent application of policies and procedures. Underwriting
- Review credit applications and appropriate documentation of all loans determined by management.
- Accurately assess credit risk, understanding not only risk-based pricing, but also risk based lending.
- Make decisions to approve, condition/counter, deny, or defer loan requests according to policy, guidelines and regulations.
- Proactively offer cross sales suggestions to Loan Officers as determined by credit analysis.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge equivalent to the completion of two or more years of college or post-secondary training in a related field. Two or more years lending experience, including supervisory duties.
- Current knowledge of consumer lending best practices and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively either verbally or written with employees, managers and members.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient computer skills including: Outlook, Word, Excel and general computer competency.
- Enthusiasm for making a difference, for people and for the culture we are trying to create and maintain.
- Dedicated to credit union philosophy
About Your Organization
As a Glacier Hills Credit Union employee, you are joining a movement that started nearly 175 years ago in Germany and brought to our country 50 years later, with the philosophy of people joining together to help each other. The heart of the Credit Union Movement is “people helping people.” Glacier Hills lives by this principle and has been serving our members since 1934.
How to Apply
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to:
Glacier Hills Credit Union