Counsel and assist members to establish payment plans to resolve delinquent account. This position performs a variety of duties to mitigate loss and recovery of assets.
- Manages delinquent loans and share accounts through contact with members by phone and/or mail to include:
- All delinquent loan accounts
- Negative balance share accounts
- Federal return drafts
- Delinquent Real Estate taxes
- Stay abreast with all federal and state laws and regulations that are applicable to collecting for credit unions.
- Follow 1st Community Credit Union’s policies and procedures.
- Documents collection efforts on computerized core data processing system within the Service Level Agreements (SLA) set.
- Responsible for reviewing and monitoring delinquent notice delivery system.
- Coordinates collection and legal efforts with attorneys, sheriff departments, local government officials and third party vendors, including filing legal documents with the appropriate entities.
- Coordinates all Bankruptcy documents and proceedings.
- Responsible for the legal repossession of collateral and the legal disposition of such collateral. Administers all foreclosures.
- Prepares monthly delinquency report and comments to review at monthly credit committee meeting.
- Recommends accounts for charge-off to the Vice President of Operation. 1
- Discusses delinquent account status and possible loss situations with individual preparing Allowance for Loan Loss calculation.
- Calculates 5 year charge-off history and delinquency ratio.
- Responsible for investigating and processing all disputes as it relates to the FACT Act. Administers E-Oscar.
- Promotes and evaluates positive attitude, cooperation and a desire to cross-offer credit union services to members.
- Three years of financial lending or collections work experience is required for this position.
About the Organization
We are a mid-sized credit union located on the western side of our state. We have three locations, and our field of membership stretches across fourteen counties which are Monroe, La Crosse, Trempealeau, Jackson, Buffalo, Eau Claire, Clark, Wood, Adams, Juneau, Sauk, Richland, Crawford and Vernon counties. Our mission is to, "provide the financial services needed by our members/owners". We accomplish this by, "putting member service 1st and making affordable solutions easy". We work in a team environment and are interested in hearing from YOU!
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please visit our website at 1st Community Credit Union