Sentry Insurance is seeking a highly motivated customer oriented professional to provide exemplary service to our Sentry Credit Union members by accurately and efficiently handling their financial and loan related transactions in person or by phone. Work hours are Monday through Friday – no weekends or evenings!
As a Teller you will be responsible for retaining customer relationships and providing service to our members by performing a variety of cash handling and member-related services in a team-oriented work environment. Additionally, you’ll:
- Document and perform member transitions such as cashing checks, accepting loan payments, handling deposits and processing withdrawals while maintaining a level of accuracy.
- Assist members with a variety of services such as sale of prepaid Money Cards, issuing Chamber of Commerce gift certificates, redemption of savings bonds, and opening and maintaining certificates of deposit accounts.
- Follow credit union policies and procedures to protect the credit union from exposure to loss or fraud.
- Reconcile and report daily work totals to the Head Teller, replenish cash drawer and cash recyclers, and ensure the accountability of credit union funds.
- Balance and process daily check image files.
- Assist members in achieving their financial goals by promoting services/products based on their individual needs.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Credit Union members.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Previous financial institution or cash handling experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrated computer knowledge with 10 Key, Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- High level of integrity with the ability to maintain confidential information
About the Organization
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority. Sentry offers a full line of property, casualty and life insurance products to protect businesses, cars, lives and retirement incomes. Sentry Credit Union (SCU) has been providing Sentry associates and their family members with financial services and products since 1935. SCU is the largest financial institution based in Stevens Point, Wisconsin and is profitable and well reserved. SCU serves Sentry associates, retirees, and their family members who are located throughout the United States.
How to Apply
Please apply online at Sentry Credit Union