UW Credit Union is growing and hiring a Director of Member Sales & Service to join its team! This position is responsible for the achievement of sales, service, and member satisfaction goals through management of UW Credit Union’s campus and community branches. The Director of Member Sales & Service will focus on creating, enhancing, and reinforcing the competencies necessary to deliver upon our UW Credit Union brand and member value proposition. This individual is accountable to remain aware of industry trends and best practices while leading a high-performance retail sales and service staff focused on member relationship management and growth, member loyalty and retention, the member experience, and member education. As a natural motivator and developer of a highly diverse workforce, this individual is responsible for creating a highly engaged, inclusive work environment that recognizes individual contributions and celebrates collective success. The Director of Member Sales and Service will be a champion of inclusive leadership, ensure equitable access to professional opportunities, and attract, retain and bring out the best performance of our diverse workforce. From our award-winning culture to intuitive, easy to use systems, we have grown to become one of Wisconsin’s top financial institutions with over 300,000 members and $4 billion in assets. UW Credit Union is a federally insured, member-owned, not-for-profit financial institution committed to the financial well-being of our members. If you are a natural persuader, an innovator for inclusive and progressive change, and one that thrives in collaborative environments, we want to talk to you!
See job listing on website - University of Wisconsin Credit Union
- 6+ years of leadership & supervisory experience required.
- 5+ years of experience working in financial services or related industry required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Milwaukee-area native and engaged community member highly desired.
- Ability to inspire and motivate a diverse workforce.
- Highly developed customer service orientation, interpersonal skills, and emotional intelligence competencies.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results. Highly innovative, creative, and able to articulate strategic direction.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to lead multiple, concurrent initiatives.
- Facilitative leadership approach to develop solutions that improve business performance and consider the relationship of people, process and technology.
- Partner to target talent early, build robust succession plan and foster leadership development efforts to cultivate a diverse workforce and Leadership pipeline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to write clear, concise documentation, memos and email, and facilitate staff meetings and give presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to build productive relationships and display a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Ability to positively interface with all levels of leadership, employees, and external partners.
About the Organization
Join one of Wisconsin’s premier financial institutions, a 2021 National Top Workplace and multi-year recipient of Madison Magazine’s Best Places to Work, Wisconsin State Journal’s Top Workplaces, and Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Top Workplaces to receive:
- 2 weeks paid caregiver leave
- 2 weeks paid new child parental leave
- 2 days paid volunteer time
- 10 paid holidays (includes your birthday!)
- Ample paid time off
- 401k company match of up to 5%, plus approximately 4% discretionary match
- 457 deferred-compensation plan
- Generous variable reward bonus
- Free bus pass and BCycle membership
- 5 health plan options, including domestic partner eligibility
- And more!
UW Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Protected Veterans, Women, and individuals with Disabilities. We strive to cultivate an inclusive workplace that is home to a diverse workforce where employees at all levels model knowledge of, belief in and a commitment to cultural competence.
How to Apply
University of Wisconsin Credit Union
OR Contact Fisnik Lumani, Talent Acquisition Manager