Join us at Prospera Credit Union and become part of a team that is passionately committed to providing personal, tailored financial guidance to each of our members. At Prospera Credit Union, people aren't just numbers or transactions and you won't be treated that way either. For our Financial Service Representatives (FSR), collaboration is the name and education is the game! If you possess a love of conversation and have a curious nature - this role is for you! The FSR is one of our most critical member experience touchpoints; they are the face of the organization and offer guidance in many aspects of financial services such as budgeting, banking, and loans. FSRs provide superior service and an awesome experience to all members, offering a full range of products and services through meaningful conversations. FSRs strives to help members improve their financial situation by working with them to assess their financial needs, open additional deposit and savings accounts and discussing Prospera Credit Union's suite of loan products. In this role you will also open memberships and specialty accounts, HSA's and IRA's and complete credit card applications with the member. Our FSR's main responsibilities revolve around lending, include assisting members with their consumer and real estate (Home Equity, HELOC) lending needs, analyzing loan requests, and making credit decisions based on lending policy. They also share their knowledge and help mentor Associate Financial Service Reps and others that are learning and building their lending expertise.
As a member of our dynamic team you will be responsible for:
- Providing personalized, customized guidance to members regarding their financial and personal needs and goals, including opening and closing accounts.
- Building and enhancing trusted relationships with our current members as well as new members
- Providing remarkable service and promoting member satisfaction
- Generating and supporting business and branch development
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of lending products and services
- Practice a needs-based sales approach to promote growth of new and existing member account relationships.
- Educating members on loan programs and offerings, evaluate needs and recommend loan options
- Refer members to other lines of business and/or other partners within our organization when applicable
- Explain and recommend credit card options to members
- Provide informed, prompt and accurate service and support to all members and team members by accurately processing, decisioning and relaying loan decisions to members
- Ensure all documentation is completed with detailed precision and accuracy
- Follow-up with members that you have spoken to previously, asking for referrals as appropriate
- Meet or exceed assigned loan volume and goals on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Serve as back-up to Branch Manager for various activities such as account openings, member service and maintenance
- Participate in regular coaching sessions with Branch Manager to review goals and determine coaching or tactics to be implemented for goal attainment.
What could make you a great candidate for this opportunity?
- One to two years of similar or related experience
- Prior loan officer experience is helpful but not required
- Two years successful consumer services sales/relationship building experience - preferred
- Proven customer service and sales-related experience
- Experience in financial services is a plus
- Bilingual (Spanish/English or Hmong/English) preferred
- Effective communication and follow up skills
- Desire to achieve and reach for goals
- Ability to work individually as well as contribute positively to the team environment
- High school diploma or GED
- A significant level of diplomacy and trust
- Don't meet all the desired qualifications?
- We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with our job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
About the Organization
If you are looking for a great opportunity to join a growing team, let's talk! We offer competitive compensation, incentive opportunity, an excellent benefits package and a fun, family-oriented culture. Prospera Credit Union is a local, member-owned financial institution in the Fox Valley area. We offer competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package and the opportunity to work in a fun, friendly, team-oriented atmosphere. Life is short. Work somewhere awesome!
** Prospera Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Benefits for this 40hr/week role
- Health/Dental/Vision options
- Short-term & long-term disability
- Life Insurance (1x annual)
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Voluntary supplemental term life insurance options
- Voluntary critical illness and accident insurance
Day shift Monday to Friday Saturdays (rotational)
High school or equivalent
https://myprospera.com/credit-union-hours-locations Company's website: https://www.myprospera.com Company's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/myprospera
How to Apply
Prospera Credit Union