The most essential function of this position is to proactively identify financial solutions for our members leveraging products and services that can save them money and time, earn them money, add convenience and/or give the member peace of mind. This is accomplished by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members as defined by living and demonstrating the core values of the credit union; Act with Integrity, Drive Progress, Build & Strengthen Relationships and Keep People at the Core.
- Interviews existing and potential members in person and by phone and explains specific services, products and policies.
- Identifies members’ needs and cross-sells Credit Union services and products actively in an appropriate, professional manner, meeting Credit Union standards.
- This includes outbound call expectations pertaining to CRM and other call list leads.
- Counsels members regarding money management and financial matters. Including communicating loan denials, explaining decisions and providing direction for future consideration.
- Performs timely and accurate lending functions and offers lending solutions of all varieties including HELOC and Business Lending.
- Build and maintain a book of business to help improve present, past, and future member relationships.
- Proactively build and manage a pipeline that drives progress for the benefit of the members financial well-being.
- Performs new account functions, explains various account and ownership options, and obtains the required information and documentation.
- Cross-sell electronic services and assist members in setting up electronic services enrollment and understanding the e-statement process.
- Ensures that the Credit Union’s quality and professional reputation is projected and maintained.
- Stays informed regarding policy and procedure updates as well as local and national banking and lending trends.
- Demonstrate accuracy and efficiency with financial transactions for checking, savings and borrowing members: receives funds, posts transactions and pays out funds as requested.
- Verbally confirm intended transactions with member to assure needs are met and minimize redoing.
- Balances cash drawer daily to assure accuracy in transactions and notifies supervisor regarding any outages.
- Proactive sales outreach including efforts outside the branch location to generate growth.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Additionally, employees must follow policies and procedures to minimize risk by exercising judgment, raising questions to management, and adhering to policy guidelines.
Qualifications | Experience
- A minimum of one year up to three years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience.
Education | Certifications | Licenses
- A high school degree or equivalent.
- A significant level of trust, credibility and diplomacy is required. In-depth dialogue, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors can be of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature.
- Communications may involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance.
- Typically includes subject matter experts as well as first level to middle managers.
About the Organization
Advia is a fast-growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with over 2 billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying \"work hard, play hard.\" As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
How to Apply
Advia Credit Union