Madison Credit Union is looking for a Consumer Loan Officer to join our team. This position will support the credit union’s lending department through various lending related tasks. This position involves a variety of duties including processing, approving and closing member loans, processing indirect loan files, answering lending calls and miscellaneous monthly report processing. Full-time employees are eligible for a comprehensive benefits plan including paid vacations, sick time and holiday pay, 401(k) plan, voluntary health, dental and life insurance, and paid short-term and long-term disability.
Primary duties include but not limited to:
- Serve as loan officer for the Credit Union.
- Ensure that all members are greeted in a friendly manner and assisted promptly.
- Process member loan requests.
- Educate members about MCU’s lending products and services.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly lending reports.
- Responsible for review of pending loan documents involving collateral liens and insurance.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality related to member information and internal policies and procedures.
- Various administrative tasks such as filing, loan reviews, supply inventory and member follow up.
- Attention to detail, efficient, and well-organized
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College degree in finance or related field desired
- 1 -2 years of lending experience desired
- On the job training provided
- Successful completion of an employment background check
About the Organization
Madison Credit Union is a financial cooperative formed in 1936 to provide loans to City of Madison employees. Over the years are membership grew to include the Madison Bus Company, Madison Metropolitan School District and the Madison Police Credit Union. Our charter then expanded to include anyone who lived or worked in Dane County and now also includes the contiguous counties surrounding Dane County. Our motto is “Big Enough to Serve, Small Enough to Care!”
How to Apply
Send resume to Madison Credit Union