We are looking for a full time loan officer to join our credit union. Hours would be Mon-Fri 8-4 with no evenings or weekends.
- Interview and close loans for members including but not limited to: home equity loans, personal, vehicle, recreational and MasterCards.
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions.
- Follow loan policies, procedures, service, products and documentation complying with State or Federal regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of competitor's rates, terms and other trends relating to lending.
- Approve loans within specified limits and refer loan applications outside those limits to credit committee.
- Explain to members the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms to those services.
- Work with car dealerships to approve or deny applications through the CUDL system. Sell applicable GAP and warranty coverage.
- Other duties as needed
- 2-5 years of credit union operations experience.
- Associate degree in business, finance, accounting or other related field preferred.
- Knowledge of credit union movement and philosophy preferred.
- Certified Lending Specialist (CLS) preferred. professional, well-developed interpersonal skills necessary for serving members and projection a positive image as a representative of the credit union
How to Apply