Summary | NATURE AND SCOPE
The Manager, Software Operations is a leader in the IT group responsible for driving a high performing, cross functional, business applications team and managing ingestion and requirements of work. The Manager, Software Operations uses a collaborative approach and ensures the continuous operation and improvement of key applications to support Landmark’s associates and members. They work on leading by example and being able to help the team dig into troubleshooting and diving headfirst into complex problems. This role will require the ability to effectively lead a tier 2 business applications team, identify and implement process improvements, and serve as a systems expert to support end user, infrastructure, and development teams. This position will report to the Director, Software Engineering.
Responsibilities | PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Lead and manage the business applications team, ensure proper support coverage, and create support processes that embrace continuous improvement.
- Help guide team in gathering concrete requirements and capturing work that needs to be completed.
- Develop, track, and present KPIs and metrics for business application activities via dashboards.
- Ensure proper handoff of applications as they move from implementation into support.
- Partner with vendor management efforts as appropriate to ensure business applications team has the vendor resources needed to provide support of end users.
- Ensure change management process is followed and production change documentation follows.
- Deliver accurate and efficient updates to key stakeholders during application incidents.
- Maintain knowledge of assigned applications and integrations; ensure proper use/configuration of applications through continuous training and related certifications.
- Proactively recognize issues and resolve or escalate as appropriate.
- Complete and maintain accurate documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications | REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field with a minimum of 5 years professional experience or a minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in an application administration/support/ business analyst role. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Two years of experience leading a business facing business applications team and/or acting as a Team Lead
- One year of experience supporting a complex, multi-vendor application environment. Preferably core banking software and related applications and integrations.
- One year of experience with ITIL based change, request, and incident management processes or similar IT service methodology.
- Two years’ experience supporting on-premises applications hosted on Windows Server operating systems and applications hosted remotely in a public or private cloud.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases and the ability to write queries for data investigation.
- Knowledge of basic network configuration for troubleshooting application issues.
- Working knowledge of requirements elicitation and ability to deliver on project goals.
- Demonstrated experience in balancing multiple priorities and managing a variety of projects in a high-volume work environment with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with stakeholders with varying levels of technical experience.
- Experience leveraging data/metrics to inform improvement opportunities and provide visibility to team performance.
- Must develop a thorough understanding of company policies and procedures as they relate to the position. Must understand and comply with all job-related state and federal laws and regulations.
About the Organization
At Landmark Credit Union, we succeed by putting people first - and that starts with you. Our culture of inclusion and collaboration enables us to support our members’ financial wellbeing, positively impact the communities we serve, and help our associates grow their careers. Bring your authentic self to work as part of an organization where you’ll feel valued for your unique qualities, are enabled to reach your full potential, and are recognized for your contributions to our success. We strive to ensure you feel empowered to grow and succeed, while also feeling valued and taken care of, as we all do our part to put people first. We invite you to learn more about this and other opportunities at Landmark Credit Union.
How to Apply
Landmark Credit Union