The Member Business Lender is responsible for soliciting new commercial business, examining, evaluating, and authorizing or recommending loan approvals for commercial loans and handling the ongoing portfolio of commercial loans. This position will work effectively and proactivity with other departments to attain sales and service expectations. This position is a part of the dedicated business and commercial lending team. This position will always project a positive and friendly image for the credit union through interactions with members and co-workers. This is a full-time position based out of our Stevens Point Branches working M-F during business hours.
- Oversees the renewals for the commercial and business loan portfolio.
- Administer and coordinate commercial lending activities including soliciting, negotiating, and presentation of loan requests.
- Actively participates in new business development, professional networking, and community involvement.
- Prepare competitive market surveys and recommend loan program and pricing modifications based on results.
- Identify current and potential new business lending products to determine changes and enhancements that would benefit the membership.
- Seeks out opportunities to enhance the members’ financial lives by recognizing and referring additional credit union products.
- Develop and manage profitability of the commercial loan portfolio with the assistance of the Credit Analyst.
- Working closely with the Credit Analyst on documentation for commercial loans (financial statements, corporate tax returns, personal financial statements, and credit reports).
- Reinforce continuous collaboration and respectful communication between all departments by promoting strong, positive, and productive working relationships through the commitment to the company’s core values, vision and mission statements.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years progressive lending experience, preferably in commercial lending.
- A high degree of mental concentration to interpret and act upon a wide range of situations, even under pressure.
- Exceptional analytical skills with a strong attention to detail, ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of commercial loan products and procedures.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Must be friendly and able to represent the credit union in a professional and positive manner.
- Believes in own capabilities and knowledge to affect positive outcomes and even succeed where others may not and demonstrates that attitude in performing day-to-day activities.
- Self-motivated by the desire to accomplish goals and have exceptional performance; very open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Understands that change is necessary to evolve as a person and an organization, and reflects that in the context of daily work, handling change without becoming disengaged.
- Displays an on-going commitment to learning and self-improvement in areas that are job and/or organization relevant.
- Takes initiative to be involved in networking opportunities in the community.
- Generates innovative ideas, and creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Models’ behavior that builds inter-personal trust and personal integrity within the team.
- Offers to take additional leadership roles or responsibilities contributing to the success of the team.
About the Organization
Who is Simplicity Credit Union? We are today, and we’ve always been, a team of passionate Credit Union believers who work together to help our friends and neighbors realize their dreams. From the latest tech to keep our members in the know, wherever they may be, to an innovative branch experience, we’re focused on giving people what they need, when they need it. And what you see is not all you get. The Simplicity Team supports our member experience with a culture of collaboration and creativity, a focus on the things that mean the most to us, and a healthy dose of wackiness to bring it all together. Most importantly, we love turning new friends into members of the Simplicity Family and seeing where we can go together!
How to Apply
Simplicity Credit Union