Job Overview Welcomes members into the branch and provides friendly, helpful service that promotes a positive financial well-being. Responsible for meeting established Credit Union and Branch goals for internal and external sales to existing and potential members. Builds rapport with members to cross sell financial products and services that deepen relationships and fosters branch growth while adhering to credit union policy and procedures. Accurately and efficiently processes a variety of routine financial inquiries, transactions, and service requests. Secures credit union assets, balances transactions, and completes necessary reports.
Responsibilities | Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide friendly, helpful service that provides lasting relationships through:
- Preparing for daily interactions with a professional image and an organized workstation.
- Maintaining knowledge of TruStone products and processes.
- Taking responsibility for waiting members.
- Proactively greeting members with a smile, introductions, and full attention.
- Engaging with members: begin a conversation, build report, and ask about their personal finances.
- Understanding the member’s objectives by asking appropriate questions and listening to the member’s responses.
- Recommending the best solution to strengthen the member’s financial well-being or guiding the member to the appropriate staff to fulfill their needs.
- Interpreting and processing member requests and transactions accurately and efficiently.
- Following up with the member to ensure satisfaction.
- Process routine consumer and business financial inquiries, transactions, and service requests including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and purchases of negotiable instruments.
- Identify member needs with deposits, loans, convenient services, and investment services using basic product knowledge and seamlessly refers members to appropriate staff.
- Effectively develop new member and business sales to achieve individual and branch sales goals for new basic consumer deposit accounts including share, sub-share, checking (non-HSA), certificates (non-IRA), and convenient services following established standards and procedures.
- Cross sell the Credit Union’s products and services. Promote business for the Credit Union by maintaining good member relations and referring members to appropriate staff for new services.
- Consult with members on specific account needs; convey rates, benefits, service charges and restrictions with transparency and expertise; teach members to use the account or service to improve their financial well-being and provide any ongoing correspondence.
- Secure the credit union’s assets by handling cash and negotiable instruments in a consistent manner, properly identifying members, keeping member information confidential, balancing at the end of each business day, and completing necessary reports that summarize daily activities.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of all account ownership types available.
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge and adhere to all regulations, policies, procedures, and standards that pertain to this position.
- Promote a positive image of TruStone with all members. Appropriately escalate member issues to manager.
- Required to meet TruStone’s Customer Service Profile (CSP) performance standards.
- Responsible for regular and reliable attendance at the workplace.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications | Major Skills and Competencies
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to help people.
- Must possess effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and active listening skills.
- Must possess good judgment.
- Ability to perform calculations and possess proficiency in basic math skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse membership and employee group.
- Projects a professional image.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience interacting with the public or serving customers.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment screening.
- One year of cash handling experience.
- Previous sales experience or strong interest in sales.
About the Organization
TruStone Financial is a full-service, member-owned credit union that provides simple yet competitive financial tools to empower members’ financial well-being. Its neighborhood credit union strives to make each interaction greater than any transaction, seeing it as the neighborly thing to do. As a credit union founded by teachers in 1939, TruStone Financial has grown to include 14 branches across Minnesota and Wisconsin in addition to its Plymouth, MN corporate office. TruStone Financial is looking for new people to join its ever evolving team as it continues to improve the financial lives of its members.
How to Apply
Please apply TruStone Financial Credit Union - look for the Cudahy branch post.