A Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for developing and cultivating new real estate accounts by building strong business relationships with members, potential members, Realtors, builders or other available sources. Gathers required information for accurate completion of mortgage applications, adhering to the credit union lending policies and regulations. A Mortgage Loan Officer is part of a dedicated sales team, working to achieve aggressive volume sales goals. This position will provide exceptional member service and always project a positive and friendly image for the credit union through interactions with members and co-workers. This is a full-time position, working first shift business hours, M-F, out of our Thomas House location in Marshfield.
- Responsible for interviewing and counseling new and existing members to determine their loan needs and explaining the various loan programs and requirements, terms, and pricing. Assisting members in completing loan application forms, verifying member credit by completing appropriate credit checks and performing financial ratios to determine if member is a credit risk.
- Responsible for coordination of loan processing including preparing documentation necessary for approved loan requests; scheduling appraisals; valuing collateral; and ensuring credit union loan policies are adhered to.
- Responsible for closing real estate loans, coordinating buyers, sellers, attorneys, realtors, etc. Must be fully knowledgeable of title insurance policies and practices with the result of a protected lien and satisfied members.
- Seeks out opportunities to enhance the member’s experience by recognizing and presenting additional loan opportunities or offering products and services that would improve the member’s financial lives.
- Reinforce continuous collaboration and respectful communication between all departments by promoting strong, positive and productive working relationships through the commitment to the company’s core values, vision and mission statements.
- High school education or GED and five years of financial experience.
- Minimum two years of experience in all facets of lending, including consumer loans, credit cards, and mortgage loans including secondary market mortgage lending preferred.
- A high degree of mental concentration to interpret and act upon a wide range of situations, even under pressure.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to offer viable and creative loan alternatives while staying within credit union risk tolerance.
- Competent with computer technology.
- Must be friendly and able to represent the credit union in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to calculate lending ratios, conduct loan risk analysis and properly identify credit issues, fraud or other associated lending risks.
- Comprehensive understanding of finance computations, lending calculators and loan contracts including APR, amortization schedules and simple interest calculations.
Professionalism | Attitude
- Believes in own capabilities and knowledge to affect positive outcomes and even succeed where others may not and demonstrates that attitude in performing day-to-day activities.
- Self-motivated by the desire to accomplish goals and have exceptional performance; very open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Understands that change is necessary to evolve as a person and an organization, and reflects that in the context of daily work, handling change without becoming disengaged.
- Displays an on-going commitment to learning and self-improvement in areas that are job and/or organization relevant.
About the Organization
Who is Simplicity Credit Union? We are today, and we’ve always been, a team of passionate Credit Union believers who work together to help our friends and neighbors realize their dreams. From the latest tech to keep our members in the know, wherever they may be, to an innovative branch experience, we’re focused on giving people what they need, when they need it. And what you see is not all you get. The Simplicity Team supports our member experience with a culture of collaboration and creativity, a focus on the things that mean the most to us, and a healthy dose of wackiness to bring it all together. Most importantly, we love turning new friends into members of the Simplicity Family and seeing where we can go together!
How to Apply
Simplicity Credit Union