Empower credit union members by assisting them in person, by email, and via telephone to meet all of their needs and requests in the areas of mortgage lending. Promote current credit union products and services in a professional and effective manner and work with designated staff to research and implement additional mortgage related products and services.
- Originate mortgage and from time-to-time consumer loan applications.
- Assist members from application to closing while building valuable long-lasting member relationships.
- Continuously monitor personal pipeline, manage closing dates, provide timely and accurate information to borrowers, agents, title company, etc.
- Communicate with underwriters and processors pertinent detailed transaction information.
- Act as an internal and external salesperson for namely mortgages, but also for all lending products and services.
- Establish and maintain relationships with parties involved in the real estate & mortgage industry such as realtors, title companies, builders, and brokers.
- Attend closings, community events, and relevant meetings that pertain to the mortgage industry.
- Responsible for projects and other duties assigned as they relate to the ever-changing mortgage industry and the building of a strong mortgage department.
- Ensure that all products and services of the credit union are promoted, and that exceptional member service is delivered to all members.
- Perform all duties in accordance with the credit union’s service standards, operations policies, and procedures, and in compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Identify reportable transactions and activities under the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), its implementing regulations, and Unison’s Anti-Money Laundering program. Comply with requirements under Unison’s Member (Customer) Identification Program (CIP), FinCEN 314a procedures, and OFAC regulations and sanction programs.
- Perform such other duties and accountabilities as assigned.
- An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills necessary for serving credit union members and projecting a positive image as a representative of the credit union.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to closely examine documentation. Requires high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to pass a federal criminal background check and be listed on the Federal Mortgage Loan Officer registry as required by the S.A.F.E. Act.
- General knowledge of mortgage industry trends and relevant topics.
- Ability to work under pressure at times with multiple communication channels requiring assistance at once.
- Ability to provide realistic expectations and details of specific real estate transactions.
- Thorough knowledge of all credit union products, services, service delivery systems, and general operations.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of mortgage lending experience in a credit union, bank, finance company, or the equivalent combination of formal training and experience obtained at a credit granting institution of comparable size and complexity.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time employment is approximately 40 hours/week.
- Monday – Friday – Typically 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Two Saturdays a month
- Additional evening and weekend hours as necessary to meet deadlines or accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
How to Apply
If you are qualified for this position and would like to apply, then complete an online application.
If you would like to submit a resume, send one to:
Unison Credit Union
P.O. Box 260
Kaukauna, WI 54130