Would you like to help people realize the dream of home ownership? If so, UnitedOne Credit Union would like to meet you! We have an immediate full time opening for a Mortgage Lender to work in our Sheboygan Branch. Our Mortgage Lenders work with homebuyers and Realtors to get people in their dream home, as well as working with current homeowners to maximize their investment through refinancing.
- Work with members to uncover their mortgage and financial needs. Match the best product to fit their need, share the benefits and features of each program so the member can make an educated decision.
- Originate loans in accordance with Credit Union policies, practices, and guidelines.
- Maintain good public relations with community groups, including the board of realtors, home builders associations, local title companies, etc. • Complete loan applications and obtain supporting documentation to keep requests moving along.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the real estate loan and real estate appraisal policies, practices, and guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with all federal and state regulations.
- Recommend and cross-sell other products and services according to member needs. Set expectations and follow up with applicants during the mortgage transaction to ensure the applicants are comfortable with the process. Follow up after the transaction is completed to ensure borrower has any remaining questions answered regarding making payments and the overall loan servicing.
- At least two-year Mortgage experience required.
- Must meet the requirements of the Safe Act by maintaining an up-to-date NMLS ID and adhere to the SAFE Act and Loan Officer Compensation rules by completing on-going training, as assigned.
- Networking and building positive relationships with outside organizations, such as the board of realtors and homebuilders association is important in obtaining outside referrals, building a strong client base, and increasing loan volumes.
- Must possess exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Must possess strong listening skills and be able to focus, paraphrase, and empathize with others.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of products and services and ability to match them with member needs.
- Must possess exceptional internal and external member service with an emphasis on exceeding expectations.
- Must possess an enthusiastic, positive attitude and work ethic and genuinely enjoy working with people.
- Must be a strong and active team member and believe in collaboration.
- Must maintain personal responsibility and offer solutions. follow through to ensure satisfaction.
- Must maintain confidentiality, be security conscious, and pay close attention to details.
Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Apply online at UnitedOne Credit Union or send resume to:
UnitedOne Credit Union
Attn: Laura Fielding
1117 South 10th Street
Manitowoc, WI 54220