Provides strong leadership to the Payment Systems department ensuring the credit union’s electronic service programs run optimally and progress with technology and innovation. Supports card service programs by providing recommendations and strategic direction based on data analyses. Supervises and develops staff. Manages projects that improve member service and credit union efficiency.
- Oversee the payments processing team responsible for various processes including: ACH Operations, wire transfer operations, share draft clearing, mobile deposit operations and ATM balancing; and ensure staff is adequately trained on all policies and procedures related to the department
- Leads a motivated team by demonstrating a work style that is consistent with Blackhawk’s values and takes personal responsibility for learning and development to support those values.
- Provides staff and members with exceptional service and sound decisions.
- Achieves employee satisfaction through coaching, role-modeling, and holding staff accountable.
- Maintain an active awareness and understanding of policies, procedures, regulations and laws, including but not limited to: Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Regulation E, Regulation CC, Regulation J, US Treasury Green Book, NACHA Operating Rules Book, UCC 4a, OFAC.
- Implements and maintains operational regulations, policies, procedures, and standards to maximize accuracy and efficiency. Makes recommendations for overall credit union improvement and division consistency.
- Makes decisions and follows policies and procedures for the safe keeping of credit union personnel, assets, and facilities.
- Prepares and maintains detailed reporting for credit and debit. Analyzes data and provides recommendations and strategic direction for enhancing BHCCU’s card services.
- Serve as the point person for the escalation and resolution of more complex account servicing issues.
- Monitor ACH transactions, Wire Transfers, Share Draft and Reg E Disputes.
- Address and report suspected fraud activity to appropriate personnel.
- Assess operational risks and institute controls, policies, and procedures, and establish appropriate auditing and reporting requirements.
- Manage back office Remote Deposit Now business relationships.
- Manage back office ACH Origination business relationships regarding policies, procedures and annual review.
- Support new products including implementation, testing and product workflow.
- Complete annual vendor due diligence, or review of new vendor relationships.
- Prepare an annual budget that is consistent with overall credit union goals and monitor expenditures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications | Major Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrates positive, results orientated attitude.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, maturity, and good judgment.
- Must possess well-developed skills in verbal and written communication.
- Role model of positive personal projection as demonstrated by professional appearance and attitude.
- Comfortable working in a complex, competitive, and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to analyze and resolve situations independently.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, effectively delegate, and set deadlines.
Physical Job Requirements
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Ability to move about and communicate with a diverse membership and employee group.
- Ability to accomplish the described responsibilities using computers and technology.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a changing, challenging, and fast paced work environment.
- Variable stress levels.
- Provide own transportation.
- Occasional business travel.
Environmental Job Requirements
Typically located in a comfortable, quiet indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Knowledge of ACH, Wire Transfer, Share Draft, Remote Deposit Capture, ATM, Reconciliation and Online Banking.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Pass the pre-employment drug test and background check.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an equivalent level of knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through work experience.
- Five years of previous related management experience.
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) and National Check Professional (NCP) certifications preferred.
- Previous experience leading a team and delegating daily work.
- Previous experience with procedures and process efficiency.
- Previous experience preparing an annual budget.
About Your Organization
Blackhawk Community Credit Union has over $700 million in assets and over 60,000 members. Membership is open to those working and living Rock, Dane, Jefferson, Walworth, Green, Kenosha, Racine, Waukesha and Milwaukee counties of Wisconsin and Winnebago, Boone, McHenry and Lake Counties of Illinois. BHCCU has a strong reputation in the communities it serves, with locations in Janesville, Edgerton, Milton, Stoughton, Beloit, Delavan, and Kenosha.
How to Apply
Blackhawk Community Credit Union