Sentry Credit Union (SCU) provides a sophisticated mix of personal financial products to associates of the Sentry companies and to their family members. We need leaders who are committed to providing exceptional service and support to our customers. We’re looking to hire a President of the Sentry Credit Union. You’ll lead the Sentry Credit Union in the delivery of personal financial services to members while attaining profit and growth.
Responsibilities | What You’ll Do
- Provide strategic leadership by working with the Board of Directors and management team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
- Partner with the Board to develop the short and long-term business objectives to ensure the SCU maintains strong customer service and reaches profitability goals.
- Provides regular updates to the Board on progress of business objectives and industry trends in the market.
- Collaborate with SCU management team to develop strategies, implement programs, and create action plants and policies to support achievement of business objectives.
- Provide strategic and administrative direction on all credit union operations, programs and policies.
- Provide oversight and direction on development and implementation of new products and services.
- Analyze operational results relative to established objectives to ensure financial results are achieved.
- Offer recommendations on how to improve operations when results are not being achieved.
- Direct development of policies and procedures to enable the credit union to meet its obligations to members while remaining compliant with credit union rules and regulations.
- Provide direction to all functions including ALM, marketing and product development.
- Bachelor’s degree in areas such as business administration, finance, accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five years of previous financial institution leadership experience including a proven ability to develop and implement strategic policies, standards and procedures.
- Credit Union experience preferred.
- Financial institution and/or regulatory experience is required.
- Human Relations, communication and extensive management skills.
- Certified Credit Union Executive (CCUE) designation preferred.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, integrated with the ability to motivate people.
About the Organization
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority.
Sentry Credit Union (SCU) has been providing Sentry associates and their family members with financial services and products since 1935. SCU is the largest financial institution based solely in Stevens Point, Wisconsin and is profitable and well reserved. Current assets are $120 million with 6,886 members. SCU serves Sentry associates, retirees, and their family members who are located throughout the United States. Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
How to Apply
Apply online: Sentry Credit Union