Shipbuilders Credit Union is hiring a full-time Universal Branch Associate position. This position is a non-casual, non-seasonal position and the work location will vary based on coverage and business needs between the three branch locations and will require traveling to and from the different branch locations as well. This is a Monday – Friday position with the possibility of a Saturday morning rotation and candidates must be able to work flexible hours. The Universal Branch Associate will be responsible for serving as a liaison between the members and the credit union and provide account information by phone or in person, as well as information on the full range of credit union products and services. In addition, this position will open accounts for members, resolve issues, and professionally handle the members daily needs. Providing a variety of transactional services to members is also a requirement. Candidates must be passionate about providing excellent member service and thrive in a team and results oriented environment. Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as exceptional attention to detail skills and knowledge of credit union products and services is a plus.
- Responsible for greeting members, representing the credit union to the members in a polite and professional manner, providing prompt, efficient, and precise services.
- Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments; check cashing, transfers and more.
- Assists members with stop payments, account research, ACH items, pre-authorized transfers, wire transfers, account discrepancies and other account maintenance items.
- Assists members with their deposit needs, including, but not limited to, IRA/HSA products, deceased accounts, and trust accounts.
- Handle opening new accounts, servicing existing accounts, interviewing loan applicants, closing loans and completing the necessary paperwork and applications for each.
- Provide excellent member service by demonstrating and maintaining exceptional knowledge and expertise of all financial products and services.
- Research and resolve member problems and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Responsible for selling and cross-selling of all credit union products and services to members to meet their needs and goals; must have adequate knowledge of such to present them in a positive, professional manner, answering any questions the member may have.
- Communicates with members on eligibility requirements for loans, accounts, etc.
- Balance a cash drawer.
- Assists the branches with opening and closing procedures.
- Actively participates in teller meetings, individual and group training sessions.
- Assist in other duties including but not limited to; answering phones, processing mail, file documents, counting and rolling coin, and/or other duties that may be necessary and/or requested to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
- Exercise good judgment while keeping the credit union’s financial interest in mind.
- Maintain an up-to-date comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products, services, policies and procedures.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Previous customer service experience – 2+ years (Required)
- Previous cash handling/teller experience – 2+ years (Required)
- Experience in using and operating Microsoft Office products – 2+ years (Required)
- Experience with financial institution software systems (Preferred)
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent (Required)
- Valid Driver’s License (Required)
- Exceptional member/customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to use time and resources efficiently in order to accomplish tasks
- Experience in efficient personal organization and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to multitask and switch from one task to the next
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- The ability to maintain the highest degree on confidentiality and professional discretion
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Finger dexterity for operating computer keyboard, calculator, telephone, and other equipment used by the Universal Branch Associate. Ability to sit for long periods of time as well as traveling to and from different branch locations when required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Shipbuilders Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Organization
Shipbuilders Credit Union was established in 1938 and has $118 million in assets, serving its members from 3 locations in Manitowoc and Mishicot.
How to Apply
Shipbuilders Credit Union