Ever wonder what it is like to work for a top workplace? Now's your chance. Summit Credit Union is looking for a proven leader to join our retail team as the VP Retail Branches. In this role the individual is responsible for maximizing the performance of the branch network and branch management team. Achieves consistent and superior sales results, achieved through Summit’s member service philosophy. Recommends and implements strategies that further employee development and knowledge. Supports branch managers in building Summit’s culture and leading their respective teams in alignment with SCU’s mission, vision, service philosophy, and fun environment. Responsible for operational integrity, consistency, and accuracy throughout branch network. Leads retail leadership team to ensure efficient and optimal use of branch network resources. Collaborates with retail leadership for network business planning and goal development, as well as branch growth planning and development.
- Employee Development
- Responsible for building and developing effective branch management team through the leadership provided by the AVP’s of retail branches.
- Ensure personal development, training and credit union product and service knowledge of branch leadership.
- Through leadership of the retail AVP team, ensures branch managers are actively developing culture in alignment with SCU’s mission, vision, and service philosophy.
- Establish effective succession planning throughout the branch network, ensuring that the branch network is continually developing its current and future leaders through personal development, training, and career progression standards
- Establish plans to achieve goals related to employee turnover. Works with retail leaders on employee development goals, striving for clear development opportunities for all employees; determines goals for network and branch managers.
- Collaborates with Learning & Organizational Development to ensure training programs meet the needs of branch staff and Summit.
- Monitors completion of training courses throughout network and ensures employees are completing required training within established timeframes, and that metrics are in place to monitor learning to ensure alignment with business needs.
- Sales and Service
- Ensures consistent excellence in sales and service expectations throughout the branch network.
- Responds to escalated member complaints and issues, and executes appropriate service recovery and issue resolution.
- Establishes standards and evaluates the quality of sales, service and member interaction.
- Establishes annual sales metrics for retail network; responsible for communicating results and successes throughout the credit union.
- Ensures new product rollouts happen successfully; that sales goals and metrics are established; ongoing follow up and reporting occurs.
- Collaboratively provides feedback from retail to other business units regarding product design and member acceptance, and sales obstacles.
- Champions service recovery throughout branch network; monitoring usage of it and coaching managers and employees on effective use.
- Branch Operations Integrity
- Ensures effective and efficient deployment of branch staff while maintaining adequate service levels.
- Monitors reports and trends and implements necessary adjustments.
- Directs development and implementation of branch operational procedures that are in compliance with regulations, optimize efficiency, and secure the assets of the credit union.
- Ensures compliance with audits and adherence to established branch operations procedures.
- Collaborates with other department leaders to implement improvements in processes that support effective branch performance.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Ensures development of diverse talent in the branch network, ensuring diverse talent is identified, supported and developed.
- Establishes tracking for IDPs.
- Works with retail leaders (AVPs and Branch Managers) to ensure that open constructive conversation is happening and that employees recognize the commitment that Summit has to DEI.
- Branch Growth and Development
- In conjunction with Chief Operations Officer, establish annual growth and budget goals for branch network.
- Ensure effective community outreach and business development activities throughout network, in support of Summit’s mission/vision and commitment to DEI.
- Culture and Engagement
- Builds employee engagement and Summit’s unique culture in our branch network through:
- Promoting fun and celebrations with members, employees, and managers.
- Create passion around our mission and vision with branch managers and employees.
- Effective onboarding of new branch employees, as well as ongoing development opportunities for them.
- Ensure all staff are appropriately trained for actions to take in the event of robberies or other branch crisis situations.
- Leadership and Strategic Initiatives
- In conjunction with Chief Operations Officer, develop and implement long term strategic plans for the branch network.
- Leads and lives Summit’s core values and essential behaviors
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, finance, or related field, or related equivalent experience.
- Have or be able to attain a Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) number.
- Seven years’ experience in management/supervision – with several years managing managers preferred.
- Five years’ experience in a retail financial institution or retail environment
- Proven ability to lead and achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a member centric sales/service culture
- In-depth understanding of the administrative, financial and operational aspects of the business.
- Ability to analyze and maintain effective financial and administrative policies
- Demonstrated leadership skills to lead and develop employees at all levels
- Proven ability to effectively manage change across the organization
- Effective communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of consumer and mortgage lending and financial industry required
About the Organization
Have you always wanted to work someplace where you could make a difference and have fun doing it? Then you should check out Summit Credit Union! We’re a successful company that’s growing every year. We’re not afraid to try new things. We work hard to be a good place to work. And we also work hard to try to make our communities a better place. People come to us for things like loans and checking accounts – anything they need to help manage their money. But they pick Summit for those things because we’re different than a bank. We’re owned by the people who use us (we call them our members). That means the money we earn goes back to helping our members have a better life and achieve their dreams.
How to Apply
Summit Credit Union