What you should know about the role This position will lead and coach a
team engaged in providing members solutions in default resolution situations for
loan and depository products including, but not limited to: credit cards,
mortgages, auto, and personal loans in a rapidly changing organization. You will
provide supervision of daily default resolution tactics pertaining to vehicle
repossession and liquidation, bankruptcy, foreclosure, REO liquidation and
collections litigation support. In addition, you will ensure the team members
are compliant with policies, procedures, laws and regulations. The Manager of
Collections is responsible for driving employee development, developing loss
mitigation strategies and performance management by monitoring, motivating,
recognizing and coaching the team in order to enhance job performance. As a
Manager of Collections, you will have opportunities to: Self-manage your day to
day work schedule Build strong relationships throughout all levels of the
organization including executive-level Utilize problem solving skills to find
solutions for members and provide them with financial advantages Have a variety
of responsibilities and projects to keep the job interesting Be in a position to
really help people and make an impact on their lives
- Conduct weekly portfolio reviews to ensure proper loss
prevention or loss mitigation tactics are administered
- Submit monthly charge-off
recommendations for management review and approval
- Recommend appropriate tools,
data and tactics to be used in execution of loss mitigation strategies
and produce reports to minimize
- Credit Union risk and maintain compliance
current on industry trends and implement best practices that result in improved
- Monitor emerging trends of new loss mitigation
technologies/strategies within the collections landscape Identify continuous
operational improvement opportunities and service efficiency initiatives;
recommend solutions, and champion the implementation of agreed upon changes
- Ability to design and fully implement workflow management and efficiency
processes, including staff scheduling, capacity modeling, performance
management, goal setting and production oversight preferred.
- Review team member’s work to ensure quality standards are
maintained and departmental procedures are current, followed, and aligned with
- Establish departmental goals and objectives for ensuring their
consistency with the Credit Union’s operating plan and Portfolio Management
- Administer applicable operational and employee policies/procedures
to ensure a productive work environment that enables employees to provide
optimal member experiences.
- Monitor calls conducted/received by staff to ensure
quality, effectiveness, and procedural/regulatory compliance.
- Develop team
members and build bench-strength through continually assessing and providing
discerning development, insightful coaching and talent tilization/optimization
for team members.
- Other Collaborates and works with other areas within the
credit union, especially within Lending and Recovery.
- Manage and Monitor Third
party collection partners.
- Identify and implement process improvements in
addition to generating reports that provide insight and enhance business
- Review Federal, State and local regulations pertaining to debt
collection, ensuring unit compliance.
Qualifications | Experience
- Three years
to five years of similar or related experience, including preparatory
- Comprehensive functional knowledge of: Vehicle repossession and
- Post charge-off recovery remedies
- Bankruptcy law and lender’s rights
Creditor obligations according, but not limited to: UDAAP, FDCPA, FCRA, CFPB,
TCPA and UCC
- Experienced negotiator skilled in debt settlement and skip tracing
Prior experience auditing calls/conducting account reviews desired
- First and/or
third-party collections experience is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills
and a proven ability to effectively develop, coach and motivate employees
be able to multi-task and interact professionally with all levels of staff
- Experienced working in a fast-paced continuously changing organization
verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Interpersonal Skills
significant level of trust, credibility and diplomacy is required. In-depth
dialogues, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect
reports and outside vendors can be of a sensitive and/or highly confidential
- Communications may involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or
advising others on matters of significance.
primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting
of up to 10 lbs.
- Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in emergency
- Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone,
copier, facsimile, and calculator.
- Must be able to routinely perform work on
computer for an average of 4-6 hours per day.
- Must be able to work extended
hours whenever required or requested by management.
- Must be capable of regular,
reliable and timely attendance.
- Must be able to routinely
perform work indoors in climate-controlled private office with minimal noise.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
- Must be able to perform job functions
independently and work effectively either on own or as part of a team.
- Must be
able to plan and direct the work activities of self and others.
- Must be able to
read and carry out various complicated written and oral instructions.
- Must be
able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable
- Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous
different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and
outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service
and discretion when dealing with the public.
- Must be able to perform
responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for
extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace.
- Must be able to effectively
handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities.
- Must be capable of
exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external
- Nothing in this position description
restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities
to this job at any time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job
description is not a contract and should not be construed as a guarantee of
employment for any specific period of time.
Advia Credit Union is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants
based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or
any other category protected by law.
About the Organization
Advia is a
fast growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions
across the United States with nearly 2 billion in assets. We offer very similar
product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money
while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and
believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls
through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is
fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying
“work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and
constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent
co-workers and engaged managers.
How to Apply
Advia Credit Union