What you should know about the role The most essential function of
this position is to support the mission of the credit union, accomplished by
providing outstanding service to both internal and external members as defined
by living and demonstrating the core values of the credit union; Act with
Integrity, Drive Progress, Build & Strengthen Relationships and Keep People
at the Core. A Front Desk Specialist is an ambassador of the credit union. They
are responsible for creating and maintaining a professional and welcoming
atmosphere for our members. This position will also be performing a wide variety
of clerical/receptionist duties, and miscellaneous support functions as
As a Front Desk Specialist, you will have
- Interact with all kinds of people, from the membership to
executives and then some!
- Be an important part of a fun, friendly and fast-paced
- Have a variety of responsibilities and projects to keep the job
- Be in a position to really help people and make an impact on their
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining
effective business relationship with members, vendors and team members.
includes greeting and receiving members, answering routine questions and/or
directing members to appropriate personnel.
- Also communicating appointment
arrivals to department staff and tending to the needs of the guest.
various clerical tasks including disbursement of mail and fax documents,
assisting with email communications, and package pick up or delivery.
knowledge of Member Service platform or Teller system to perform non-monetary
transactions to assist and support branch personal if needed.
- Basic knowledge of
miscellaneous member documents needed for account processing.
- Maintains a
professional working area, that includes always being in control of member
situations in the lobby and communicating any issues with management that may
need to be escalated.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Must comply with
applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy
Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Experience Under one year of similar or preparatory
- A high school degree or equivalent
- Normal courtesy in dealing with others is required.
involves minimal contacts, usually within the organization.
- Contact usually
involving routine, non-sensitive issues within the department.
- Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and
occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Must be capable of climbing/descending
stairs in emergency situation.
- Must be able to operate routine office equipment
including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator.
- Must be able to
routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when
- Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by
- Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance.
- Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in
climate-controlled shared work environment with moderate noise.
- Must be able to perform job functions independently and
with limited supervision. Must work effectively as part of a team.
- Must be able
to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions.
- Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with
numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within
and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer
service and discretion when dealing with the public.
- Must be able to perform
responsibilities with composure under stress of deadline, requirements for
extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace.
- Must be capable of exercising
highest level of discretion on confidential matters.
- Acknowledgement Nothing in
this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as
a guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
- Advia Credit Union is
an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or
applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin,
disability, age, or any other category protected by law.
Advia is a fast growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top
3% of credit unions across the United States with nearly 2 billion in assets.
We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on
saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in
our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our
four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work
environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We
certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia,
you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities,
great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
How to Apply
Advia Credit Union