What you should know about the role The most essential function of
this position is to assist in creating an exceptional experience for the members
of the Credit Union. This is accomplished by providing outstanding service and
next best product recommendations to both internal and external members as
defined by living and demonstrating the core values of the credit union; Act
with Integrity, Drive Progress, Build & Strengthen Relationships and Keep
People at the Core. Responsible for accurately processing financial transactions
and being an effective source of information for our members. Provides friendly,
professional, confidential and effective assistance to members by offering
educational benefits of saving money and time, making money or and adding
convenience and giving the member piece of mind.
- As a part
time teller, you will have opportunities to: Interact with our members while
building impactful relationships.
- Shape and sustain our companies image through
excellent member service.
- Act as a pace setter for the sales markers in the
- Develop sales and leadership skills through motivating team to meet
- Maintains high level of confidentiality to protect
member information. This includes but is not limited to securing shredding at
end of night, discard papers with member information in the shredding bin.
Responsible for maintaining an effective working knowledge of all credit union
products and services and department functions.
- Understands and can easily
convey information regarding products and service to members.
- Proactively seeks
ways to expand member relationships in order to provide them a great experience,
to help improve the members financial standing and achieve individual, branch
and credit union goals.
- This may include outbound calls, uncovering needs or
- Continuously and effectively uncovers the members’ unstated
needs to recommend products and/or services that will help the member, answer
member inquiries and educates members.
- Ensures that each member interaction is
maximized to provide great service and help improve the members financial
- Works to create a flawless member experience with members by putting
the member first and foremost with everything that is done.
- Manages member
relationships and communication professionally, including a neat workspace and
- Demonstrate accuracy and efficiency with financial
transactions for checking, savings and borrowing members: receives funds, posts
transactions and pays out funds as requested.
- Verbally confirm intended
transactions with member to assure needs are met and minimize redoing.
cash drawer daily to assure accuracy in transactions and notifies supervisor
regarding any outages.
- Troubleshoots, researches and responds to member
- Communicates with members regarding product and services
(including but not limited to overdrafts, account closings, charges, fees etc)
in person, via phone, email and mail etc.
- Responsible for handling objections
and understanding the root cause of the issue.
- Must comply with applicable laws
and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot
Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Qualifications | Experience
Cash handling and customer service experience is strongly preferred.
- A high school degree or equivalent
- Courtesy and tact are essential elements of the job.
involves personal contact with customers and others inside and outside the
organization, generally regarding fairly routine matters for the purposes of
giving and obtaining information or instructions, updating or referring.
Communications require shorter and not in-depth discussions most of the time.
- Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical
exertion and regularly lifting cash box of up to 10 lbs. and coin bags up to 50
lbs on occasion.
- Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in emergency
- Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone,
copier, facsimile, and calculator.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of
- Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8
hours per day, when necessary.
- Must be able to work extended hours whenever
required or requested by management.
- Must be capable of regular, reliable and
- Must be able to routinely perform work
indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
- Must be able to perform job functions independently or
with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a
- Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow
- Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a
logical and understandable sequence.
- Must be able to use basic math skills and
spell accurately up to a high school graduate level.
- Must be capable of dealing
calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse
cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and
demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with
- Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the
stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing
- Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both
internal and external confidential matters.
- Nothing in this
position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties
and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job description is not a contract and should not be construed as a
guarantee of employment for any specific period of time.
- Advia Credit Union is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against employees or
applicants based on race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin,
disability, age, or any other category protected by law.
Advia is a fast growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top
3% of credit unions across the United States with nearly 2 billion in assets.
We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on
saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in
our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our
four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work
environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We
certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an employee of Advia,
you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities,
great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
How to Apply
Apply at Advia Credit Union