What you should know about the role The most essential function of this
position is to assist in creating an exceptional experience for the members of
the Credit Union. This is accomplished by providing outstanding service and next
best product recommendations to both internal and external members as defined by
living and demonstrating the core values of the credit union; Act with
Integrity, Drive Progress, Build & Strengthen Relationships and Keep People
at the Core. Responsible for accurately processing financial transactions and
being an effective source of information for our members. Provides friendly,
professional, confidential and effective assistance to members by offering
educational benefits of saving money and time, making money or and adding
convenience and giving the member piece of mind. As a full time teller, you will
have opportunities to: Interact with our members while building impactful
relationships. Shape and sustain our companies image through excellent member
service. Act as a pace setter for the sales markers in the branch. Develop sales
and leadership skills through motivating team to meet sales goals.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality to protect member
information. This includes but is not limited to securing shredding at end of
night, discard papers with member information in the shredding bin.
for maintaining an effective working knowledge of all credit union products and
services and department functions.
- Understands and can easily convey information
regarding products and service to members.
- Proactively seeks ways to expand
member relationships in order to provide them a great experience, to help
improve the members financial standing and achieve individual, branch and credit
- This may include outbound calls, uncovering needs or referring
- Continuously and effectively uncovers the members’ unstated needs to
recommend products and/or services that will help the member, answer member
inquiries and educates members.
- Ensures that each member interaction is
maximized to provide great service and help improve the members financial
- Works to create a flawless member experience with members by putting
the member first and foremost with everything that is done.
- Manages member
relationships and communication professionally, including a neat workspace and
- Demonstrate accuracy and efficiency with financial
transactions for checking, savings and borrowing members: receives funds, posts
transactions and pays out funds as requested.
- Verbally confirm intended
transactions with member to assure needs are met and minimize redoing.
cash drawer daily to assure accuracy in transactions and notifies supervisor
regarding any outages.
- Troubleshoots, researches and responds to member
- Communicates with members regarding product and services
(including but not limited to overdrafts, account closings, charges, fees etc)
in person, via phone, email and mail etc.
- Responsible for handling objections
and understanding the root cause of the issue.
- Must comply with applicable laws
and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot
Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Qualifications | Physical
- Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and
regularly lifting cash box of up to 10 lbs. and coin bags up to 50 lbs on
- Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in emergency
- Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone,
copier, facsimile, and calculator.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of
- Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8
hours per day, when necessary.
- Must be able to work extended hours whenever
required or requested by management.
- Must be capable of regular, reliable and
- Must be able to routinely perform work
indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise.
and/or Emotional Requirements
- Must be able to perform job functions
independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or
as part of a team.
- Must be able to read and carry out various written
instructions and follow oral instructions.
- Must be able to speak clearly and
deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence.
- Must be able to
use basic math skills and spell accurately up to a high school graduate level.
- Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different
personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the
organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion
when dealing with the public.
- Must be able to perform responsibilities with
composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and
quality and/or fast pace.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple,
simultaneous, and changing priorities.
- Must be capable of exercising highest
level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
Cash handling and customer service experience is strongly preferred.
Education | Certifications | Licenses
A high school degree or equivalent
- Courtesy and tact are essential elements of the job.
involves personal contact with customers and others inside and outside the
organization, generally regarding fairly routine matters for the purposes of
giving and obtaining information or instructions, updating or referring.
Communications require shorter and not in-depth discussions most of the time.
- Nothing in this position description restricts management’s
right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.
- This job description is not a contract and
should not be construed as a guarantee of employment for any specific period of
- Advia Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, color, religion,
sex/gender, national origin, disability, age, or any other category protected by
About the Organization
Advia is a fast growing Credit Union that is
positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States with nearly 2
billion in assets. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks
with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages.
We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give
back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable
donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and
fun infused. We certainly live by the saying “work hard, play hard.” As an
employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development
opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
How to Apply
Advia Credit Union