Oversees all ongoing aspects of the Credit Union operations in
accordance with policies, procedures and regulations. Responsible for ensuring
financial stability commensurate with the best interests of the members.
Provides leadership to the staff. Recommends and implements programs and
policies approved by the Board of Directors. Develops and implements plans to
ensure that the Credit Union’s goals and objectives are met.
- Develop, recommend, and implement objectives, strategic
plans, and operating plans. Ensure that Credit Union’s goals and objectives are
being met in accordance with direction/approval from the Credit Union’s Board of
- Communicate the mission, vision, values, goals, and objectives
throughout the organization.
- Lead the annual budget process and manage the
approved budget each year.
- Manage all Credit Union employees and oversee:
recruitment, compensation, benefits, employee development, discipline and
- Develop a high performing staff within a culture of
quality to assure maximum efficiency in operations and effective member
- Establish the infrastructure (systems, technology, people, and
products) required to enhance member service, protect member data and maximize
- Develop, review, and update Credit Union policies for Board of
Directors’ approval and ensure they are implemented and consistently followed.
- Ensure that all assets, employees, and officials are properly insured and
bonded, and implement adequate security safeguards for the Credit Union.
Participate in Gundersen Health System activities (as appropriate) to contribute
to the overall image of the Credit Union.
- Ensure that member needs and
expectations are identified and met.
- Stay abreast of industry trends,
government and regulatory issues, and changing demographics, and their impact on
our Credit Union.
- Maintain effective communication with the Board of
- Develop the monthly Board meeting agenda, prepare the
monthly BOD package, and participate in the monthly Board meetings (work with
BOD between meetings as needed).
- Ensure compliance with regulatory
requirements and implement adequate internal controls to protect the Credit
Union’s assets and be compliant.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or
related field (MBA preferred).
- Required: at least of 7 years of progressive
- Required: at least of 4 years of financial services
experience (at least 2 years of Credit Union experience preferred).
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Desired: Strong
organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Desired: Proven leadership ability, high level of Emotional Intelligence and an
awareness/commitment to the principles of servant leadership.
The Gundersen Credit Union (GCU) is a State Chatered, Employer
Sponsored, credit union established in 1971 for the benefit of Gundersen Health
System employees, retirees, volunteers and their families. We are located in La
Crosse, WI and currently have over 3,400 members with one location. It is our
goal to offer favorable rates and competitive products/services for our members
and potential members.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to GCU
Search Committee at Gundersen Credit Union.