To make it possible for true collaboration, creativity, innovation, and idea exchange to thrive at League events we are committed to facilitating a welcoming and respectful community for all. This Event Code of Conduct shares our community expectations and applies to all attendees, employees, exhibitors, speakers, sponsors, volunteers, guests, and other participants at League, W.C.U.L. Services Corp, or Foundation hosted events. We empower all participants in our environment to actively engage in creating a friendly and safe environment for all.
- Treat others with respect and consideration.
- Communicate openly, with civil attitudes, critiquing ideas rather than individuals.
- Respect personal space and common courtesy rules for personal interaction.
- Be mindful of others around you to ensure a great experience for your fellow participants.
- Refrain from displaying any demeaning, harassing, aggressive, or intimidating materials or behavior.
- Act and dress in a professional manner.
- Do not damage private or communal property.
- Obey the rules and policies of the venue.
- Report inappropriate behavior to a League staff person.
- Do not engage in harassment, intimidation, bullying, or discrimination in any form.
- Do not make verbal comments related to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity or any other characteristic that may be offensive.
- Do not display nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations.
- Do not touch or make physical contact with anyone unless you know the contact is welcome.
- Do not make real or implied threats of, physical, professional, psychological, emotional or financial harm.
- Do not take pictures or make audio or video recordings after a presenter has communicated that such images are not allowed.
- Do not drink or use other legal intoxicants to the extent that your ability to act professionally is compromised.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
- Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. If asked to stop behaving inappropriately, you should comply immediately.
- The League reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove any party from the event at any time. All determinations are at the sole discretion of The League, and the decision of League staff will be final.
- Severe breaches of this Code of Conduct may result in being barred from future events.
- Individuals expelled due to violating this Code of Conduct will not be eligible for a refund or other consolation.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns relating to harassment, please contact League staff immediately. You may also contact the following individuals:
Jennifer Esser, VP of Professional Development
Brett Thompson, CEO/President