The League’s Leadership Institute is designed to help emerging and mid-level managers build their leadership skills to more effectively prepare for succession planning and promotion. Students are encouraged to partner with their supervisor to tailor the plan to fit their growth plan.
This program includes:
- 4.2 total continuing education units (CEUs) from the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee School of Continuing Education
- Certificate of completion
- Earn a designation of Certified Wisconsin Credit Union Leader (CWCUL) designation [must complete at least 5 of the 6 sessions]
- 6 hands-on classroom sessions taught by leaders in their field with years of expertise putting theory into practice in the real world
- Small class size; capped at 20 students; registration will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis
- Top 5 CliftonStengths assessment. Access to the assessment will be provided prior to the first class
- The book Crucial Conversations: Tools for When the Stakes are High by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan & Al Switzler
- Orientation materials provided for the Blue Sky Strategy module ahead of course.
- A personalized action plan that includes 1-2 measurable items to be practiced on the job following each course
Thursday, October 24 | 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Module 4: Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Mark Brewer | Senior Consultant The CARA Group, Inc.
Everyone likes to think that they’re critical thinkers and good problems solvers, but are you really? Take a careful look at what critical thinking truly entails, get strategies for stimulating critical thinking not only in yourself, but your team. Learn how to properly structure a problem and get to the root of an issue. Practice using tools like mind mapping, fishbone diagrams, SWOT analysis, decision trees and more. Learn how to evaluate situations and make better decisions. Through multiple classroom activities, discover the pros and cons of various decision-making methods. (.7 CEUs)
Tuesday, November 12 | 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Module 5: Having Crucial Conversations
Lauren Pagenkopf | Owner & Principal, Laurus Consulting, LLC
Life is littered with a series of crucial conversations and one’s ability to handle them can mean the difference between a non-issue and a major crisis. Learn what makes a conversation crucial and the role of emotional intelligence. Re-think your thinking and get strategies for how to best have these important heart-to-hearts. Follow-up these strategies with role-playing and in-class activities. (.7 CEUs)
Wednesday, December 4 | 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Capstone: High Level Leadership at Work & Beyond
Patricia Clason | Author, Coach & Speaker, Patricia Clason, LLC
Review key take-aways from the previous sessions. Explore the dynamic between managers and leaders and what it means to be a leader by role vs a leader by choice. Consider your on-going leadership journey, professionally and personally. Conclude the program with an action plan defining the next steps for growth and integration of the skills learned in this program. (.7 CEUs)
$3,195 regular | $2,995 early bird, by July 8, 2019
Registration includes all training materials (including a copy of Crucial Conversations) and lunch at all classroom sessions at the Pyle Center. Sleeping rooms are not included. This type of leadership training is valued at over $5,500.
Lowell Center - Online Reservations
610 Langdon St, Madison, WI 53703
Cancellations and refund requests must be provided in writing prior to July 24, 2019 and are subject to a $75 service charge. No refunds will be granted after this date. Substitutions are accepted any time before the Institute begins, but The League must be notified.