How does Regulation E interface with debit and prepaid cards? What disclosures are required? What about when there is a change in terms? Join us to learn how to review and analyze your disclosures and notices before the next exam.
- Review current disclosures to ensure compliance
- Understand change-in-terms requirements
- Explain options for providing error resolution notices
- Summarize periodic statement, overdraft, and ATM disclosure requirements
- Analyze short-form and long-form prepaid card disclosures
Regulation E contains numerous disclosure requirements for debit cards and prepaid cards. These requirements are extremely detailed and specific, and regulators are increasingly focused on these areas in examinations. This training will analyze and summarize the various disclosure requirements (including initial disclosures) and operational considerations impacting debit and prepaid cards. Attendees will be prepared to review and analyze their disclosures and notices before their next examination or audit.
In addition, the change-in-terms requirements when increasing fees related to debit or prepaid cards will be specifically covered, as well as disclosure requirements addressing consumer liability for unauthorized transactions. (However, due to the amount of content to cover, the specific error resolution procedures will not be analyzed.)