Does your financial institution fully understand your HMDA reporting responsibilities? When was the last time your HMDA policy was thoroughly reviewed? Join us to learn about HMDA’s coverage test, data points,exemptions, and more. Participants will receive a customizable HMDA compliance policy.
- Distinguish whether you are a HMDA-reportable financial institution
- Identify whether your institution qualifies for the partial exemptions available under the Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act
- Respond with confidence when asked to provide your institution’s HMDA data
- Understand your reporting requirement in connection with pre-approval and pre-qualification requests
- Adapt your institution’s policies and procedures in response to additional HMDA rulemaking anticipated in 2020
Over the past couple years, the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), as implemented by Regulation C, has undergone significant transformation. These changes have required financial institutions to update day-to-day operations on an ongoing basis. Because of this fluid rule making environment, many HMDA-reportable institutions are struggling to make sense of what their current responsibilities are.
This program will be presented by a regulatory compliance attorney who will provide an in-depth look into the current state of HMDA. Participants will learn about HMDA’s institutional coverage test, the types of transactions subject to HMDA reporting, the data points required to be collected in connection with reportable transactions, and Regulation C’s public disclosure rules.