BSA has been like the 2020 bouncy ball of compliance. BSA issues and challenges are everywhere, yet sometimes elusive and difficult to grasp –especially with the added pandemic disruptions. The changes have been rapid and more are coming. This is the perfect opportunity to get up to speed on BSA and effectively manage whatever is thrown at you.
- Effectively manage your BSA/AML program in 2021 and identify key risks
- Understand the impact of the April 2020 BSA/AML examination manual updates
- Determine the effect of FinCEN’s guidance on the BSA program in a year of rapid change and emerging risks from the pandemic
- Anticipate changes from FinCEN’s advanced notice of rulemaking on September 17,2020, to “modernize” BSA/AML programs
- Manage the key challenges of:
- Elder financial exploitation
- CIP and CDD options for opening accounts online
- Enhanced due diligence
- CBD and hemp issues
- Beneficial ownership
- Lessons learned in recent enforcement actions
The pandemic has forced financial institutions to adapt delivery services and open accounts online through virtual banking. However, identity theft and other financial crimes increase the need for enhanced due diligence and greater risk assessment. Attend this year-end session to develop a strategy for 2021. Key BSA challenges will be examined to identify requirements and risk areas, as well as offer practical guidance and solutions.
Live and recorded webinar, handouts, quiz with answer key and training log are included.
Your registration includes access from up to three locations, making it easier to share and learn with remote staff during the coronavirus crisis. Training materials will be available to download the day of the event.